Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Climbing Through Life

Today I Feel:
I guess I like rock climbing because it is a true combination of mind and body. You have to plan your route before you begin a difficult climb. If you do all of your thinking on the wall, you will find yourself in a difficult, avoidable situation. Sure, you can muscle your way through a tough spot. However, if you do that too many times, you will be left with a fatigued body. A body that will not be available for one last climb three hours from now. A well-planned climb will reserve your energy for times when you must use raw strength to continue. Watching an expert climber, you see as much skill and grace as shown by any professional dancer. It is as though they are dancing up the wall. Why? They plan every move before it is taken. They concentrate on details such as hip position, foot placement, and grip on every hold as they climb. While I am by no means an expert, I understand the mechanics of a successful ascent and am vigilant as I climb. I just wish I'd remember to apply some of these lessons to my life beyond the wall . . .

Climbing . . . Posted by Hello

Heads Turned for: "Climbing Through Life"

 

post a comment