Monday, January 17, 2005

It's the End of an Era

Sometimes, all it takes is a small event for you to realize that a relationship will not work. But often, that is exactly what you need. You need someone to push your limits for you to be okay with where you are. My small event was the lack of common courtesy and an excuse for it from a friend who "loves me". The same inconsideration and excuse I've heard before. I decided that this was going to be the last time. People treat you how you let them treat you. I've truly had enough of being hurt and I'm okay with letting the relationship go. I have let go of relationships that were important to me before. I did it because I was tired of being hurt by the other person. It is not an easy thing to do, I still care about those people very much. But looking back, I have no regrets. And so, here I am again. Letting go and moving on. This time, it is the end of over four years of a relationship. It's the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.
Smilie for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "It's the End of an Era"

 

post a comment