Monday, January 24, 2005

Is life always going to be like this?

I hope not. I am so tired of life and I am only 24 years old. It is really quite sad. Year after year I make the same mistakes, go through the same depression, pick the same wrong friends, and end up in the wrong guys arms. This year I am going to try to do things differently:

  • I am going to find my inner strength.
  • I am going to be brutally honest with people.
  • I am going to start taking better care of myself.
  • I am going to stop protecting other's feelings at the expense of my own.
  • I am going to end unhealthy relationships to make room for healthy ones.
  • I am going to spend more time alone.
  • I am going backpacking this summer, even if it is just me and Trek.
  • I am taking a vacation.
  • I am going to give God the control he should have had all along.
  • I am going to get back into road racing.
  • I am going to counseling and I am going to do it with an open mind.
  • I am going to stop beating myself up over the past and put that energy into my future.
  • I am going to monitor my own behavior.
  • I am going to reach out BEFORE I slip into depression.
  • I am going to get involved in a community whether it is church, an extracurricular activity or a sports/outdoors organization.

So much for not making New Year's resolutions!

If this year is not any better, I give up.

Smilie for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Is life always going to be like this?"

 

post a comment