Sunday, November 28, 2004

Lessons for the Day

  • Random acts of kindness feel really good. A local church left a beautiful flower arrangement outside my door this morning. I've never been to the church nor has anyone I know. It was just something nice someone decided to do with the arrangements used at their church. I am definitely going to send a thank you note!
  • Arm and Hammer carpet deodorizer is REALLY strong! I guess I shouldn't have been so generous... Man, I think I will be smelling tropical breezes for the next month! I have the window open, but it is not making the slightest bit of difference. Whew! Word to the wise: take it easy with that stuff!
  • November can be a beautiful month. The weather has been unbelievable!! I've always hated the month I was born in. When I was younger, half the time my b-day parties were snowed out. That compounded with the fact my brother and I are a day apart and had to share our parties... This year has been great. Today, I was able to walk my dog in a light jacket and handwash my car. I'm not sure how long this is supposed to last but I have been soaking up every ray of sunshine I possibly can!
  • Cleaning can be a good thing. I cleaned my car inside and out, my room, bathroom and did laundry. I feel like I have accomplished so much today. Now I am organized enough to take on the project that is due Saturday :0/
  • Target is awesome. Even more so now that they have Starbucks! Nothing like a hot cup of coffee and an espresso brownie to conclude a shopping trip.
  • iPAQs are a godsend. It is without a doubt the best gift Yoni ever has or ever will give me. I love it! I have had one for three years. I don't know how I ever lived without it. I have never been so organized in my life. Not to mention hi-tech ;0)
  • Some relationships are better left broken than to hurt yourself trying to pick up the pieces. I read that (not quoted exactly, but close) many moons ago. It is so relevant to my life today. I am finally mature enough to truly understand and embrace its meaning.
  • There is something special about the companionship of a dog. My dog followed me around all day. As I was cleaning he was right there getting in the way. He even followed me around as I washed my car. For all his "help" he got a super long walk and a big Nylabone. He is so tired, he's snoring! So cute.
  • Hearing the voice of the one you love everyday is something to appreciate. Don't take it for granted. As Yoni travels around Israel, he is often in areas without phones. I can handle not seeing him pretty well but I really miss hearing his voice. Three weeks and a day before he is home. **Sigh**
  • I'll never understand my roommate. Our place is a complete wreck. Contractors left the kitchen and front hallway unfinished. We have tupperware in the living room and part of the front hallway is sub-floor, just to give you an idea. He brings over the girl he is dating without warning me or making the slightest effort to make the place presentable. She has never been here before, I've never met her and he brings her home to that! I just don't get the boy.
  • Two heads are better than one. My best friend is awesome. The other night she put the puzzle pieces of my life together. I can, for the first time, see a complete picture. There have been many unfortunate events in my life. I blamed myself for so much of it. But now that I see the whole picture, I can really start moving on. She is going to be an awesome counselor. Just today, we figured out the logistics of my wedding dress shopping. Cool!
  • Five years of undergrad is too much. Finish in four; no matter how appealing or "necessary" a break may seem. Burn out doesn't even begin to cover it!
  • No matter how you are feeling, there is an Ani DiFranco song for it.
  • Oatmeal is awesome. It is one of my favorite foods. I should have perfect cholesterol, that is for sure. Best thing is, I never have to worry about anyone eating the last of it. It's all mine, no one else will touch it.
  • I need a shower. Now.

Today I Feel:

Heads Turned for: "Lessons for the Day"

 

post a comment