Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Nice guys finish last

My friend said that tonight while we were talking on the phone. I wish that wasn't so true . . .

I was reminiscing last night with a friend from College Park. We talked about all the crazy times we had together. Then we talked about two guys that walked into our lives at the wrong time. For me, it is still hard to believe I let him go. We met not long before I got involved with Yoni. He was the sweetest guy ever and sooooo cute! But I was too busy with my life to even notice him. I didn't realize he was interested until it was too late. *sigh* He'd often visit my dorm to hang out, invited me out on several occasions, and took care of me on nights I was too drunk to make it into bed. He never tried anything. Ever. That is just amazing to me. He genuinely cared about me and I hardly gave him the time of day. It wasn't intentional, I was just too blind to see; too stupid to notice. An intern at my job one summer told me he was going to law school with her. I think that is when it clicked. You know when you hear a name from your past and memories of them come racing back? I had that moment. I had it again just last night as I was talking with my friend. Out of all the people I've met in my life, few people evoke such vivid memories. Why didn't I see it? I don't believe in "it wasn't meant to be". You have to make things happen in life. I allowed a great opportunity to pass me by. Perhaps it WAS meant to be and I missed it. Then maybe I would have avoided staying in a relationship for nearly five years that was destined for failure. I'm done dwelling on it now. I have too many regrets already to add another to the list. Life sometimes gives you second chances. Who knows, maybe I'll get one.
Smilely for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Nice guys finish last"

 

post a comment