Thursday, December 02, 2004

It is really sad . . .

. . . how some people never change. It used to piss me off when people called me out of the blue to tell me all their problems or because they needed something. But now, I just feel sorry for them. Deep down, they must be so empty inside. That is all I can figure to explain how incredibly selfish and shallow these people are. It is so ridiculous! Sad, really. I used to listen and be supportive. Then later I was upset at myself for letting them take advantage of me, again. But now I have stopped making it my problem. I am not a shallow or selfish person and I don’t have time for people that are.

self·ish: concerned chiefly or only with oneself
shal·low: lacking depth of intellect, emotion, or knowledge

So that is exactly it, I don’t have time for it. I just don’t understand why the same few people keep coming back time after time. Their life must be pretty empty to continue to call a person they hardly know with all their problems. Sad.

This excerpt from Ani DiFranco's Napoleon seemed fitting:
you say that, so that's the way it's gonna be
so that's what this is all about
i think that that's the way it always was
you chose not to notice until now
oh now that, now that there's a problem
you call me up to confide
and you go on for over an hour
about each one that took you for a ride
and i guess that you dialed my number
because you thought for sure that i'd agree
i said baby, you know i still love you
but how dare you complain to me!
Today I Feel:

Heads Turned for: "It is really sad . . ."

 

post a comment