Thursday, December 16, 2004

She's done it again!

That's right. Guess who? Apparently shopping for your only daughter's wedding dress is not important enough to cancel a weekly hair appointment for. Who knew? I am too jaded to be really upset about it. I decided some time ago that I would not let her affect me the way she had in the past. She tells me the night before that she is coming late after her hair appointment. Let's see - her appointment is at 9:30 in northern Harford County and my appointment is at 11:30 in Northern Virginia. Translation: she'll miss most of it. Sad thing is, I was under the impression that she would be there for me. What was I thinking? My best friend is driving all the way from PA to be there. But apparently, it is too much to ask a housewife to reschedule her hair appointment.


Funny thing is, this weekend she showed signs of clarity, concern, and even empathy. She went to church with me, took me out to lunch, and hung out with me for a few hours. She noticed I have been down recently with everything that is going on and wanted to lend her support. I was in shock she had even noticed and I really enjoyed the time I spent with her. It was the first time in a long time I felt any emotional connection to her. Now this! If anyone can understand her, please clue me in. Because, after 24 years I still can't figure her out!

Today I Feel:

Heads Turned for: "She's done it again!"

 

post a comment