Friday, January 28, 2005

It's Friday!

Today was awesome.
I really enjoyed my classes this morning. Yes, even I can be a nerd sometimes ;0) I am especially enjoying my psychopharmacology course. The professor is awesome and the subject matter is totally new and interesting. I also met a really nice person in class today. We exchanged info., so I am looking forward to a new friendship or at least a study partner.
Work was equally awesome:
  • Mr. Glen washed my car. No more salt to eat the paint off my car ;0)
  • We have internet now! Woo hoo! I don't think I'll be signing online on Friday anymore though, it is way too busy. However, amid all the interruptions, I was able to have an important IM conversation with my best friend, Debbie. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest. I am so thankful that she is so understanding, supportive, fun, and just all around awesome. So yea for internet at work!
  • My check engine light was on in my car. Gary took a look at it and I was happy to find out that a valve just needed to be cleaned which didn't cost a penny! While he had my car in the bay he noticed the dent in my car and said he'd fix it. He's also going to install the stereo that has been sitting in my trunk for months. My car is getting a makeover. I am so excited!
The other fun thing was my brother's wrestling match tonight. He was awesome! This particular match was quite significant to his team and my brother has been looking forward to it all year. It's called "The Battle of Bel Air", where three local high schools (Fallston, Bel Air, and JC) compete. The whole thing is televised. Anyway, my brother dominated the match and pinned his opponent in the second period. I was so proud of him! I managed wrestling in high school and college. I never thought my brother would be a wrestler and here he is in his fourth year! It's funny how life comes full circle.
That's about it. I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy . . . I had planned to attend a poetry slam tonight. But, by the time the match was over, it was too late. That's okay, it is sooo cold outside and I am soooo tired. These 8am classes are killing me! I am going to drive back home so I don't have to wake up as early tomorrow to take Trek to his grooming appt. I don't have any exciting plans for the weekend; just to get organized and do some reading for school. I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend!
I enjoyed this post by my best friend:
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "It's Friday!"

 

post a comment