Thursday, February 17, 2005

My mouth has said it before . . .

. . . my hands have written it before.
But this time, my heart is screaming: Enough!


You may recall a post back in January titled: When is it going to be enough? That day has come. It has been enough. It has absolutely, positively been enough.
I have a strong personality. There is no debate about that. I am not going to apologize for it. There is so much to me at so many levels. My whole life I have been told what I think and feel is not important. I have suppressed and denied huge parts of myself because others were unable to accept me. I now realize that I have every right to be who I am. I am deserving of people in my life who appreciate and accept that.

And so . . .
I am not going to talk when it is clear you cannot hear me.
I am not going to be the only one who is constantly reaching out.
I am not going to let you continue to hurt me.
I am not going to let you make me feel unimportant.
I am not going to wait any longer for you to change.
I am not going to let you discount or ignore my feelings.
I am not going to settle for last place.
I am not going to let my heart be trampled on.
I am not going to carry the entire emotional burden for any relationship.
I am not going to listen to the same excuses.
I am not going to settle.
I am not going to be unhappy.

It has been enough.

Heads Turned for: "My mouth has said it before . . ."

 

post a comment