Friday, April 01, 2005

"Welcome back . . .

. . . here are ten exams for this week and ten assignments due next week. I hope you enjoyed your spring break!" Ugh. I felt like shit most of the week; I didn't accomplish much of what needed to get done. Now I'm going to have to shove that into my weekend. Lovely. Yeah, so it has been a fun week. But I survived and now it's the weekend!!

Not much going on this weekend but a couple things to look forward to. I'm going to stay in tonight. I have work to do and I have to be at a Special Olympics Committee meeting early tomorrow to continue planning the Summer Games. I can't believe I have been doing it for so many years. Every year, I have more responsibility but I love every minute of it. We are changing venues this year, so there is a lot of work to be done between now and June. We are doing a site visit tomorrow. Unfortunately, we've had to work from photos and maps the last few months. I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what it is we are dealing with in person. If you live in Maryland, you should volunteer at the Games. It is such a rewarding experience and the success of the event is dependent on volunteers. You can sign up by visiting
www.somd.org. I've had many friends and co-workers participate over the years and many have volunteered for multiple years. Giving up a day of your time has the potential to impact hundreds of athletes with special needs. Isn't that awesome?! See ya there? Look for me out on the track!

Ok, got a bit sidetracked. I'll spend what is left of Saturday afternoon doing homework and some shopping. Then it's out with some guys a friend wants me to meet. It's going to be a group thing, so not much pressure. But still, it has been five years since I've been single! I'm a bit anxious but I know I'll be fine once I'm out. I'm going to bring my camera along so hopefully I'll have some fun photos to share.

Well, as you can see I really have nothing interesting to talk about. I'll let this be it. I hope everyone has a fun, safe weekend!

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: ""Welcome back . . ."

 

post a comment