Saturday, June 25, 2005

It is SO not happening

What a jerk! I suppose I don't even need to mention his name. Changed? How?! Just because he wears collared shirts and jeans now? Or perhaps it is that he is using a road bike instead of a mountain bike now. No, no I got it!! Hold on . . . the oil in his car. Yeah, that's it, he's changed the oil in his car! Silly me, I thought when he said that he's changed that meant he wouldn't be the same shallow jerk I broke up with in December. What was I thinking?!

Not that I bought his whole "I've changed" line, but damn, I thought he'd at least be able to keep up his act for a while. Didn't even last a month! He ruined a perfectly good night. If you are with someone for over 5 years and you still have to explain every single matter of the heart - the same ones over and over again - it's not going to work - EVER. He can change his clothes, bike, and oil all he wants - the simple fact is he just doesn't understand me. There is so much to me at so many levels and he can only see the surface (borrowed that line from Deb - hee hee) But seriously, he just doesn't get me and I'm sick of explaining my feelings over and over again. I'm even more sick of getting hurt and crying over him when he just goes about his day. I'm sick of initiating every serious conversation we ever have - hold on - I take that back - he initiated the one coming back from fishing, the one where he was trying to get me back (gotta give credit where it is due).

Not only that, but I've heard from several people close to him that he was talking shit about me up until the week before the whole "I've changed" act. I was willing to forgive it. When I confronted him, he denied some of it and admitted to others then gave me this line about how he was upset and people are just trying to keep us apart. Yeah, okay. I was upset too and I never said anything remotely close to what he said. What? Are we in middle school? Be a man - admit that you were an ass and then we can move on - instead I get lied to. Come on, I don't think his friends have this great conspiracy to keep us apart. I could swear I don't have "stupid" written on my forehead - I better double check . . .

He can't stay here. He's threatening all the strength, happiness, and independence I have worked so hard to gain since our break-up. Especially now, when my life is going in a direction I like. I've worked too hard to let him fuck things up now. I should have known better, but at least I did try. Besides, I want to be with someone who thinks I'm beautiful inside and out, who likes the depth of me and not just the surface. I hear it from my friends, family, and even my customers all the time!!! I can't remember the last time I heard him say the outside was beautiful much less the inside - hold on - I take that back - there was that one time coming back from fishing, the one where he was trying to get me back . . .
Since he's been back in my life, he's driven to see me one time. I lost count of how many times I've driven to see him (we live an hour apart). Yup - big change. He looks nicer in his new clothes, the bike is nice too, and I'm sure his car appreciated the oil change. I am not impressed and I give up.
Smilely for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "It is SO not happening"

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (8:01 PM) : 

Sometimes relationships can be addictive, even if they are not healthy. This sounds like one of those.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 AM) : 

He's an idiot. You deserve far, far, far better.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (7:01 PM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:
Damn you are good - that is exactly my best friend's interpretation of the relationship. She tells me all the time and her last two blog entries have referenced that fact. Good news: I am making progress - lots of it. When we were together every time he treated me this way I’d blame it on myself and try to figure out what I did to cause his behavior. Not anymore. I am seeing things the way they really are: unhealthy.

Rodriguez:
Glad to know someone else out there understands! All my friends can’t understand why I haven’t told him where to go and how long to stay there – it is just not that easy. I’m getting stronger and I hope you are too!! I would loooove to hear your poetry when it is complete.

Joel:
I know. *sigh* I’m growing tired of being the one hurt. I’m on the verge of something - be patient with me.

 

post a comment