Monday, February 07, 2005

Damn, the weekend is over already?

It is unbelievable how quickly the weekend goes by. I mean seriously, a bad Monday never goes as quickly . . . NEway. Friday was uneventful, Saturday was another day of confusion, but by Saturday night things were looking up. I went to a new bar with friends Saturday night and had a really good time. But Sunday was amazing. If I could bottle up the day and save it, I would.
Although it turned out to be a great day, Sunday morning wasn't pretty. I was so tired and my Mom came early to pick me up for church, ending my shower way before I was ready to get out. We were just a few minutes late and the service was nice. After church, it was off to breakfast with my Mom, Bram, and Yoni. We had a nice time eating at one of my favorite spots, Eggspectation (everyone knows how much I love breakfast food). Yummy! After breakfast I felt like a stuffed pig, a very tired stuffed pig. Bram and I lounged around the house and watched TV for a couple hours. After the strain of watching TV, I was feeling less stuffed and did some cleaning and very little homework. Yoni invited me to go to a park by his house. It was so nice. The sun was shining and the dogs were thoroughly enjoying themselves. About 20 minutes into the walk, Yoni initiated a serious conversation! I was so surprised. It was what I have wanted for the last six months. It was like all the frustration and hurt feelings were lifted. It was as if we were leaving our past in those woods as we walked. Amazing. I felt so close to him after the conversation. I had dinner with his family and then snuggled with him as we watched a movie. It was such a nice day.
I wish I could just bottle up the day. Then I could have it saved in case I get hurt again. The day in the bottle would remind of what it felt like to want to be nowhere else with no one else: to feel pure love. As much as I want things to get better, there is a part of me that is not buying it. He has "gotten it" before, but quickly things reverted back to the way they were. This is the last time I am putting my heart on the line. I cannot stand to be hurt anymore. I want it to work out but if it doesn't, it really is goodbye this time.
". . . and i'm at the end of my little rope
and i am swinging back and forth about you . . ."
-Ani DiFranco excerpt from Done Wrong
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Damn, the weekend is over already?"

 

post a comment