Monday, February 21, 2005

What a shitty morning!

I got absolutely NO sleep last night. After having breakfast, I dozed off on the couch. Within minutes I awoke to, "Brea, Trek got out!" In my dazed condition, I thought he was in the backyard and had somehow gotten loose. No such luck, that little escape artist had gotten out the front door - AGAIN. So once I was somewhat coherent, my next thought was a four letter word. After several more profanities, I went out to look for him on this gloomy Monday morning. Oh and by the way, thank you weather man for the false hope of classes being snowed out this morning. Seriously, I should apply for that job. I can just make up whatever weather prediction suits me that day and get paid lots of money to be wrong half the time. Grrr. They went to school for that?! I'm not bitter, really. NEway, I wasn't too worried, I knew from experience it is easy to spot his black and white coat through the bare trees. It was just a matter of getting his attention with the treat bag. I walked over to the woods and he was nowhere in sight. I walked along the tree line calling his name, nothing. Not even the sound of the tags on his collar. I was concerned, but not panicked. I got in my car and drove the entire neighborhood calling his name. Nothing. Twenty minutes had passed. NOW I started to panic. I called Bram, not sure why, it's not like he could do anything. I guess I knew he would be calm about the situation. He's not excitable when it comes to Trek and I was getting increasingly panicked. He was reassuring, reminding me that he always comes back. And just as I was at wits end, he came bouncing up the street. I put him in the car and drove him home. What a relief! I am so not ready for kids.
Smilely for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "What a shitty morning!"

 

post a comment