Monday, June 27, 2005

Let the waiting begin!

Well, I had my interview today. I think it went well, but I have no clue to be honest. I was interviewed by two people in a coffee house. The interview was so casual, it is hard to tell how well I did. We spent a lot of the time talking about hiking, kayaking, and bouldering! Not sure what to think about that. They are looking to make a decision quickly - so I should know by the end of the week. As far as I know, I am competeing with 3 other applicants, maybe more. I'm thinking good thoughts! And now I wait . . .

I went out to lunch with a friend today. I would just like to take a moment to thank the rain for waiting until we walked to the car to begin pouring. It was bad enough my hair was already completely wind blown before the interview - I got there WAY too early and sat out on the harbor. I won't complain too much, it was a beautiful morning and the breeze felt good, but still, this is my blog and I feel like complaining. Then there was the rain. There was absolutely no point in my curling my hair this morning. None.

About my weekend. I told you about the bad part already but it was still a good weekend overall. Friday night I went out with friends to a local bar to hear my friend's band play. I had a nice buzz going did some dancing - good times. I seem to be attracting 30 somethings these days. For some reason I intimidate guys my own age. I've been told this several times recently - hmmm. I always thought I was friendly and approachable - but apparently I'm not! Who knew?! NEway - I was hit on by a 30 something - suprise! I told him I'm not looking to date anyone but we could be friends. He still wanted my number so I gave it to him. We are currently playing phone tag - my favorite game in the world. And now I wait . . .

I am too old to party the way I did and go into work at 7am the next morning. When I walked in the door, everyone just started laughing. I was a mess. I couldn't see or think straight and the six cups of coffee did nothing but make me have to pee a million times. Oh well, my co-workers were thoroughly entertained. You know me, always making someone smile. After I got home I walked the dog and went STRAIGHT to bed. Sad thing is I was up after only 2 hours - couldn't sleep - but didn't feel any better. Saturday night I went and spent time with an old friend. She is going through a lot right now and I just let her talk for hours. It was nice and she said she felt much better after talking to me. Why does it seem like everyone is going through some kind of turmoil these days? Oh I know why - because people suck! Not everyone but enough to cause problems in what seems to be everyone's lives these days. I know things will get better - and so I wait . . .

Sunday I went to the final graduation party of my brother's friends. It seems like there has been one every weekend! He went to private school and has been finished for quite a while but several of his friends just finished up public school so it feels like a never ending stream of parties. I feel old. I remember when the boys that now tower over me were playing in the kiddie pool in the backyard. I found myself saying the same lines I heard growing up, "I can't believe how big you are!" Yikes! Pretty soon I'll be pinching cheeks . . .

After the party "the jerk" texted and asked me to go to the movies. To the movies?! Like nothing happened!!! Like I didn't just tell him he couldn't be in my life any longer because all he does is hurt me. Why did I even waste my time telling him all of that?! People. Maybe he will grow up. And so I wait . . .

Well I have a pretty uneventful week ahead. My last final is tomorrow morning. I have nothing planned for this week. Just to rest up for the next session that starts Tuesday. Oh yeah, and to hurry up and wait.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Let the waiting begin!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:40 AM) : 

Good luck on the interview results and the final, I'm sure you aced one and the other you will ace tomorrow. ;)

 

post a comment