Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Who am I?

I must warn anyone reading this: I am a mess and as such, so is this blog entry. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Where am I going? How am I getting there? And most importantly - where am I now?

This time last year, I was someone's fiancé. I was planning a wedding. I was in love.


This time last year, I was living and working in the "real world".

This time last year, I knew who to trust. I had friends who I knew would never do anything to hurt me - who would never overstep any boundaries - who truly cared about me - who would always be there for me.

This time last year, I knew exactly who I was and where I was going.

I have so many thoughts and emotions going through my head right now, I don't know where to start. My life has been turned upside down, slapped, and then shaken. Oh yeah - and then stomped on. I don't feel sorry for myself or anything - I am just trying to figure things out. Who am I without a significant other, without a "real job", with few close friends? I forgot what it was like to just be me. I will write more on this when I find the words to express myself. That is enough rambling for now.

My week in Alabama and Tennessee was great. I wish I had taken more photos, but I just wasn’t in the mood. Here’s one with me and my “little sisters”:

I still have that same cheesy smile. . . Posted by Picasa

I spent a lot of time talking to my friend (not pictured). Her life is a bit of a mess right now for many reasons – but one thing is absolutely in order: love. Love of her husband and family. It was so nice to be a part of a family for a week that was full of love. Although the pace of life down south is a bit slow for me, the sense of family is amazing. Even with my life heading down an uncertain path, there are two things I have always known: I will be a teacher and a mother. I don’t want a big house or fancy cars (from experience, those things are much nicer from the outside looking in). I simply want to make my mark on the world by fulfilling those two roles to the best of my ability. That’s it. In the meantime – I need to get right now figured out.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Who am I?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Welcome back home. :)

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (10:00 PM) : 

Great pics!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:45 AM) : 

Nikki, Bane, and Don Juan de Bubba:

Thank you!!!

 

post a comment