Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Numb.

I've moved on to the occasional coughing spell. I should probably go see a doctor as this has persisted well over a week and a half. I'm not going to though - my to do list cannot handle another thing and Robitussin can handle anything. If only I could remember to take it every four hours . . . once a day is better than NO times a day - right?

Although I'm not 100%, I still managed to have a good weekend. Saturday I went to the Harford County Farm Fair. Yeeee Haaaaw!!! I of course took a million pictures and collected just as many freebies. I also made a purchase that has changed my life and will save me hundreds of dollars. No, I did not purchase a farm so that I may "live off the land". No, I didn't purchase a machine that turns cow pies into energy.

This animal looks strangely similar to my dog: not so much the spots but more so the appetite ;) Posted by Picasa

Nope, nope, nope. I bought . . . . sure you are ready for this?
.
.
.
.
.
A toy for Trek! Wait, wait, wait!!! Before you "X" the screen let me explain! My dog is a four-legged wrecking machine. He has destroyed more product guarantees than Bush has promises since his time in office. He has even chewed right through a Kong! (I am still a big fan of the Kong toys, it was crucial in getting my dog crate trained. But that was before he decided the goal was to destroy every toy I gave him.) So anyway, while browsing the tents at the farm fair, the bright yellow dog toy claiming to be the "World's "Tuff"est Soft Dog Toy", caught my eye. I snickered at the slogan thinking, "They haven't met Trek!" The toy felt pretty tough - so I figured it would at least give Trek a half hour of fun. It also had three squeakers; Trek loves to remove the squeakers and throw them around. So, to make a long story shorter, I bought the toy. Here it is four days later - looks brand new and still squeaks!!! All three squeakers in fact! If you have a tough chewer of your own (child or K-9) - check out www.mydogtoy.com. If these toys can survive Trek . . .

. . . they can survive any dog (or child)! Posted by Picasa

What is even more exciting is that they come in all different shapes and sizes. They even float! Sadly, it doesn't take much to make me happy.

Sunday and Monday I went to the beach with Ed (the bar guy). It was a lot of fun. We went to a bar Sunday night that his friend was DJ at. I had my first "Mind Eraser" (Kahlua, Vodka, and Sprite I think) - it worked - I remember dancing in the DJ booth and can't remember much of the rest of the night. Ed said as soon as the cab pulled up I got in and curled up against the window and went to sleep! We spent some time on the beach and hanging out with his friend on Monday. I woke up without a hang over, despite the happenings of the night before.

Well, it is time for me to head to work. I was going to get into some deeper stuff but seem to have run out of time. I'm too lazy to change the title, although it has everything to do with the post I intended and nothing to do with the post I actually ended up typing. Deal with it.

Love,

Brea

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Numb."

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (12:55 PM) : 

hahahaha

Your dog compared to the cow. Funny. Hey, you need squeeze your todo list, and get to the doctor, though.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Yeah I am like you, Brea. Never go to the doctor unless i have to. Hate doctors. Only I usually buy Tussin. Robitussion as a brand name is too high rent. Tussin on the other hand is the same thing only a dollar cheaper.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Don Tate II:
Whenever someone asks me what my dog looks like, I always say like a dairy cow. Compare the photos and you see why! I'm stubborn - still haven't been to the doctor :0/

Don Juan de Bubba:
Ha ha ha. That sounds like a good topic for a stand up routine - too funny!

 

post a comment