Sunday, April 10, 2005

Not quite as planned . . .

. . . but a great day nonetheless. I HAD planned to head over to help build a playground for inner city kids today. That didn't quite happen. Next weekend, I promise. Instead, I went with my brother to pick out his tux for prom. Man, it's been seven long years since my prom. I feel sooooo old! He's going to be hot (he's my brother, what did you expect?!). He chose a white tux with a mint green vest and tie. Might not sound great, but trust me, it's hot. I'll post photos on prom night. I have been drafted as designated driver that night after the prom. My brother and his friends can't decide on an after party - so they are going to try a few. I told them to pick their top three and to choose carefully cuz I won't be picking them up from the last party until the morning. As much fun as driving around my brother and his friends on a Saturday night sounds, I am going to have to bribe someone to come with me.

As you will recall, my brother totaled his Jeep a few weeks back. Today my parents bought him a new car. We are all tired of driving him around or being asked to borrow our car. This time they got him a tank, i.e. Land Rover. It will take a hell of a lot to wreck this one! He was so excited. Dual sun roofs and many other bells an whistles. As the excitement of my digital camera has yet to wear off, here are pics:

He's earned it, he's such a great kid. Posted by Hello
After spending the better part of the afternoon with my brother, I FINALLY finished unpacking everything. Then Trek and I hit the trails at Loch Raven. We hiked for two hours until the sun set. I was surprised that with it being such a nice day, the trails were virtually deserted. I took as many hills as possible; time to whip my ass into shape! With winter being officially over, I can no longer blame my fat roll on the weather.

Trek checking back to make sure I'm keeping up. I was, but with effort. I'm so out of shape! Give me four weeks . . . Posted by Hello

Heads Turned for: "Not quite as planned . . ."

 

Blogger Brea said ... (6:48 PM) : 

There are many other ways of showing love and appreciation to your children - my family is just good at the buying things part. I guess it looks good on the outside looking in. . . no MSN.

 

post a comment