Saturday, April 09, 2005

Scavenger Hunt

It didn't rain! Woo hoo! I also was able to see the cherry blossoms, although I have to say, I was quite disappointed. I don't think I've missed anything over the years . . . I just don't understand what everyone is so excited about. Okay, yes the flowers are pretty. But is it really worth traveling across the country for and battling insane crowds?! I think not. D.C. was nonetheless packed to the brim. It was insane; people everywhere. While on one train, this man stuck his head and arms into the closing doors and muscled his way in. He looked like a crazed animal and people were screaming. I've never seen anything like it. Absolute craziness.

The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun. It was interesting watching group dynamics at work. Can you tell I'm a psychology major? Here we are a group of grown adults . . . people are ordering others around, hogging the list, and other such irritating behavior. Me and three other people in my group bonded almost immediately. We were like, we are just here to have fun, so we goofed off the whole day! One guy was a clown in the circus for 10 years, one lady was his friend, and one lady is from the Middle East. Quite an eclectic group. I am getting together next month to go hiking with one of the women. The other ten or so people just irritated me. Our team lost miserably but the "eclectic four" had a blast. All the teams went to a bar afterwards and were pounding cocktails like it was their job - MID DAY!! We had been running all over the city for more than four hours, I just wanted some food and a shower. I couldn't understand how they could be drinking! Were they trying to impress someone? With the alcohol in their system, they irritated me even more than earlier. The one guy and his friend haad already left. Total bummer. So the lady I am hiking with and I left. But I'm glad I went. I met a few really cool people.

I wasn't in a picture mood - so this is all I captured while waiting for the event to start. Posted by Hello


On my way home, I stopped to have dinner with my friend Jason. He and his g/f just got baby sugar gliders. They are so ugly they are cute! Posted by Hello

Heads Turned for: "Scavenger Hunt"

 

post a comment