Thursday, May 12, 2005

Not that you care . . .

but the grooming appointment went well. No phone calls:

"Lady come get this crazy beast!"
"That will be $30 plus medical bills and lawyer fees - we'll mail you a bill."
"Don't EVER bring him back!"
"Was he born crazy or did YOU make him that way?"

My dog came from a rescue group and he's, well, special. He's been seeing the same groomer since I got him. I have been putting off finding a new one since we moved b/c I didn't want to receive one of the above embarrassing phone calls. He was kicked out of Doggy Day Care last year. THAT was embarrassing. I was in a meeting and the receptionist interrupts with an important phone call: "Ms. Robinson, hello, this is the Coventry School. Trek had a rather concerning incident today. He was quite aggressive with another dog over a tennis ball. We put him in time-out but he again showed the same behavior after lunch. We know that he has shown excellent behavior over the last few months. However, with him being as large as he is (he’s 93 lbs), we had a difficult time getting him under control. We fear for the safety of our staff and the other dogs. We are sorry but we are going to have to give him a 90 day break. He can be re-evaluated after that time. He will remain in the kennel until you are able to come get him." My co-workers found it to be quite hilarious. Me - not so much. So I left work early to go get him and decided to save the remnants of my dignity and not bring him back for the 90 day evaluation. There will be no more Doggy Day Care.

So anyway, when I went to pick him up from the new groomer she was ranting and raving about what a neat dog he is. Me: "No, I'm here to pick up Trek". Groomer: "I know, he was great." Me: "Ummm - okayyyy - uh - thank you."

I know you were just dying to hear this story. You are quite welcome ;0)


Trek just back from the groomer.

How could they kick out a face like that? :0) Posted by Hello

Heads Turned for: "Not that you care . . ."

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Dog-gone cute. The dog, too!

 

Blogger erinberry said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Just stumbled across your blog - What a great looking doggy!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (12:12 AM) : 

I think the poor dog needs a little understanding from doggy day care. Is there like a mission for at risk dog behavior? Actually, I think it would be hard to be a big dog and live in such a confining environment as day care.

Do you set up play dates for your dog?

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Nikki:
Why does everyone find that so funny? Here I am pouring out my heart . . . j/k Glad you found it funny – I think ;0)


Don Tate II:
Why thank you!


erinberry:
Thanks for stopping by. He is quite a cutie, isn’t he?! :0)


Don Juan de Bubba:
The daycare was actually in a huge warehouse with plenty of room for him. I think he would have gotten understanding if he wasn’t so big. The dog that he was having trouble with was new to daycare. I think they should have taken our longevity into consideration and kicked the other dog out! They didn’t see it my way. I can’t say I blame them - if he wasn’t my dog and I saw him get aggressive, I’d probably pee my pants. ;0) Oh well. About play dates: we used to frequent the dog park and there were several dogs in the neighborhood he’d play with. Unfortunately, we just moved so he doesn’t have any friends yet – but he does have a big yard and we hike a lot. Thanks for your comment!

 

post a comment