Friday, April 29, 2005

Another week over

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This semester has sucked the big one. Nuff said.

I nearly had a heart attack today. My best friend called me crying. I couldn't understand a word she was saying and my heart just sank - to my toes. I wasn't thinking all these disastrous possibilities or anything- the feeling is hard to explain. No matter how long I've known her (twelve some years) or how many times I've seen her cry (many) it still hurts my heart to see her hurting. Life has thrown her and her husband so many road blocks the last couple years. We joke all the time about the storm clouds that continually follow us.

You know it's bad when the jerseys of you and your best friend spell out 9-1-1 Posted by Hello

But sometimes the joke just isn't funny. Sometimes, you are tired of fighting and hoping things will get better. But I know they will - for both us. It just has to!! Until then, we will just have to continue to support and encourage one another. I'll take that phone call over a millions times if that's what she needs me to do.


Love you Debbie! I'm still here for you after all these years . . . Posted by Hello

I feel like there should be some sort of transitional sentence here. This will have to do.

Nothing like sitting at home on a Friday night, writing a social psychology paper! I'm hoping my new friend will keep me reasonably entertained with his e-mails ;0)

Tomorrow is the Annual Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race. I hope the weather is decent; I plan on heading out to take pictures early in the day. I have a friend who is participating and I was hoping to catch them in some crazy outfit for future black mail purposes. I will be sorely disappointed if it rains or something, 'cuz I'm not walking around outside in a cold rain. Not even for black mail. Then it's off to a skills training class with Trek on how to backpack with your dog. Then it's a happy hour and dinner with "dogs and company". Sunday is a movie and Indian food (yum) with a friend. Then I guess it's back to the damn books. I hate school.

I hope all you graduated folks are enjoying yourselves. I'm not bitter or anything. I mean that in the most genuine way, really.
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Another week over"

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I'm glad I'm at a place where I can be a good friend again. Thanks for always believing in me. I love you too!!

 

post a comment