Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Found something new:

43 Things. Check it out!

It's pretty cool. You create a list of 43 things you want to do. You can add this list to your blog (mine is on A Photographic Interview) or you can just leave it on the site created for you (mine is here). You can write entries on your progress, comment on the goals of others, cheer others along, offer advice on goals you've accomplished . . . okay that's enough - go check it out for yourself! I've wasted copious amounts of time on it the last two days. Don't worry, I've already found a way to rationalize this. I've told myself, "it's okay, you have done so much freaking studying this week, you deserve a break". Ah, cognitive dissonance at work (one of the topics for my exam tomorrow). Seems to be working so far! It does makes for a good study break. . . Three exams down and one to go! Woot woot!! NEway. . .

One goal I've seen that I do not understand is: be a better blogger. I guess it depends on why you blog. If you are using it as a creative outlet or to entertain others, I guess you could get better at it. Doesn't make sense for me, I use my blog as an outlet of the emotional kind. Life can be such a whirlwind. I blog to force myself to stop regularly and evaluate where I am. If nothing is really going on, I'll just write what I did that day or nothing at all. If something is going on, it all spills out here. Certain people are using my blog too and they are abusing it. These same certain people are the very ones who are not capable of expressing their own feelings or to connect on a deeper level. Number one and number two reasons why they are not a part of my life anymore. Worse yet, it is not just one person. Just as bad are the people that haven't even read it for themselves, yet choose to believe the twisted version of what someone else has read on here. And for all these people, I have to say this: (Disclaimer: I am very pissed off and there will be a lot of profanity. If you prefer not to read such raw emotion, now is the time to stop reading. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

My blog is MY PLACE to express myself and I am not going to apologize for anything on it - EVER. Deal with it. If you don't like it, don't read it. I find it to be absolutely ridiculous that you use this space to fuel gossip or to create conflict. Are we in high school?! Last time I checked we are grown adults, I am anyway. I'll have you know, there is more to me than my web journal. There is much to be read between the lines and there is a lot I don't say. When you are running around blabbing your big mouth, are you saying any of that?! I didn't think so; you can't even get the things you DID read straight. In fact, if you really want to know what is going on with me, just ask. But I don't expect that from a coward like you. [And now the cussing begins] Why are you people such assholes? Do you enjoy creating conflict? Do you really think you can get into my head/heart just by reading my journal? Fuck you and everyone else who has such a pathetic life that they find it necessary to butt into mine. This is MY SPACE and it is to be respected: spineless pieces of shit need not apply. Love, Brea

Ok, I feel much better now. Now that THAT is off my chest, back to 43 Things. . . One of my goals is to fall in love again. My vague entry has sparked interest after just a day of posting it. I'm interested in hearing other interpretations. Read and add a comment. You don't need to be a member to comment but why not sign up? It's free and you can have some fun with it.

One of my goals is also to stop procrastinating. I'm gonna get to work on that.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Found something new:"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Well said. I know exactly how you feel about stupid people reading your blog.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:35 AM) : 

Yup. People suck.

 

post a comment