Monday, April 11, 2005

The foxes have killed . . .

. . . and now they will BE killed. I'm pissed.
As you will recall there are foxes living under my neighbor's shed. They've tried blocking the den but they just dig under the barrier. The foxes have scared the crap out of me many times, but they have never shown any aggression toward me. In fact, from the safety of my house, I find "our little neighbors" to be quite comical. They are incredibly intelligent. They know when Trek is on his tie out and come just out of his range. It's kind of funny. They just lay down and watch him. Trek barks like crazy and they just lay there and scratch their ears like nothing is happening. Well tonight, they killed a neighbor's cat. My Dad and brother were outside when it happened. The cat was screaming and several neighbors came outside to find out what the hell was going on. Poor cat didn't have a chance. They made quick work of it. Poor thing. Now the police are coming in the morning to shoot the foxes. I'm sad. Is it their fault we keep tearing down their territory?! They are building like crazy around here; where are they supposed to go? The whole situation is quite disturbing. Just because a irresponsible cat owner has their cat outside a wild animal has to die. Cats are KNOWN to kill wild birds and are in danger of being hit by a car. I'm sorry but you don't see me letting my dog run around killing things. I'd also never put his life in danger in the name of his "freedom" and risk him being hit by a car. Not only that, but everyone knows that there are foxes in the neighborhood and that they are nocturnal. So why the hell would you let your cat out at night?! I'm not anti-cats or anything, but let's use some common sense people! Okay, now I'm just pissed off. I hope I'm not home to hear the gun blasts. People are so selfish. I should get back to my paper. . .
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "The foxes have killed . . ."

 

post a comment