Thursday, April 28, 2005

Show and Tell

Let me tell you about my day.
A sort of show and tell if you will . . .


We'll start from midnight - actually about 1 am. After taking full advantage of ladies night, Alicia and I were STARVING. (Jess was hungry too but refused to eat after the discovery of her non-existent "back fat" this week) Alicia couldn't wait, she bought a hot dog from a street vendor outside the bar for two bucks. I opted for the slightly cheaper yet grossly over cooked 7-eleven variety. Yuck! We also stocked up on drinks. After driving for about 2 minutes, we realized the hot dogs just weren't going to do it. So we stopped at Royal Farms where we raided the snacks and candy bars. We also ordered sandwiches. While waiting for them to be made, we entertained ourselves . . .


Alicia and I tried our best to take a good picture. Didn't quite work: my arm is too short and she isn't coordinated (she hit a parked car last week). We gave up after about six tries. Sadly, this is the best one! Posted by Hello

After the binge eating, we headed home - quite content. The back of my car looked like a team of football players had been there after a game. But no, it was just the two little piggies: Alicia & I. Got home safely despite the many deer on the back roads. I ended up sleeping on the floor - don't ask. Getting up in the morning was NOT pretty. But after 2 Cappuccinos, I was functioning. After my morning class, I attempted to visit my philosophy professor during his office hour - again. Guess what I saw? . . .

That's right, the door. I waited the entire hour - he never showed. Office hour: doesn't that imply an hour where you will be in your office? Tell me again - why do I pay all this tuition? Posted by Hello

After wasting an hour of my life, (an hour I will never get back Mr. I-Make-Office-Hours-to-Comply-with-University-Policy-but-I-Will-Never-Show-Up-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha) I had some time to kill. I headed to Loch Raven. . .


When you look up and see this . . .
Posted by Hello


. . . doing your homework isn't so bad.
Posted by Hello

May I suggest always keeping a blanket in your trunk? I guess I just did! Anyhoo, it was such a nice day to sit outside and study. That was until an Artic breeze kicked up and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. Fortunately, it was just about time to meet up with Stephanie anyway. So, I headed to REI and did some studying in the car until she arrived. We went to Baja Fresh for lunch - yum! Then we went shopping. A little background: Steph's hair is just beginning to grow back and she just ended a 6 year relationship. She felt the need to update her wardrobe after gentle prodding from another friend. For some strange reason, she asked me to accompany her on this big day. Not that I minded, it's just that I am about the least opinionated, most fashion-inept person you will find. But I AM supportive, so maybe that's it? We spent HOURS shopping. After all, we did have an entire wardrobe to replace. I got just a weee bit bored. . .

There is Stephanie coming out of the dressing room and I'm the crazy girl taking pictures in the mirror. You already knew that - didn't you? Posted by Hello
More of the mirror-photo madness on A Photographic Interview. You know you want more ;0) The trip was a success, we found lots of nice clothes for Stephanie. She is going to look H-A-U-T. I'm tired, I have work to do, and I have already wasted too much time on the net tonight. I think you know where I am going with this . . .
Smilely for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Show and Tell"

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (6:54 PM) : 

This is a fun picture

 

Blogger Brea said ... (11:12 AM) : 

Thanks, it was fun to take! :0)

 

post a comment