Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh Happy Day!

It's cold, rainy and gloomy outside, but I don't really care. I'm sipping my Cappuccino in my pajamas. I'm free!! Exams are over! Woot woot! Summer session starts Monday *sigh* Oh well, I'll enjoy my freedom - no matter how short lived it may be. After my final on Wednesday, Debbie and I hit the flowermart in Mt. Vernon (my new home? more on that later). It was lots o' fun. Flowers, art, crafts, singing performances, inflatable bunnies, bee costumes, halos, weird people, nice people, and . . .

the infamous peppermint lemons!! Posted by Hello

After the flowermart, Debbie gave me a journal she had been keeping about our friendship - it was so touching. I am so lucky to have such an awesome friend. It is so nice to have someone in my life that I can connect with, who knows and loves me the way I am. We talk a lot about relationships. It seems most people prefer or are only capable of surface relationships. I'm not sure exactly how it goes, but there is the familiar saying about feeling lonely in a crowded room. I'm sure everyone has had that experience at one point or another. I’m sick of it. I ended so many of these “friendships” at the beggining of the year. I'm not sure if it is a sadness or a loneliness that I’m left with. It's probably a bit of both. But finally, things are looking up. I have Debbie, my brother and I’m investing in two new friendships: Stephanie and Joel. I guess it is just another transitional stage in my life where it is hard to go through but amazing to look back on.

Of course the day wasn’t without its storm cloud. We came back to my car with a flat tire. Lovely. Not knowing how to change a tire and not having a jack even if I did, I had to call AAA to come to the rescue. I hate being a helpless girl. I’ll add that to my to do list: learn how to change a tire.

It is always something! Posted by Hello

Thursday Stephanie had a sushi making party:

The prep table & the sushi!
Not bad for newbies! Posted by Hello

I don’t particularly care for sushi, but hands on food prep is always fun! Stephanie is a terrific hostess and I love spending time with her. Her house is amazing. It's in Fells Point. It's a restoration with exposed brick and hardwood flooring and stairsways. To top it off she has an awesome, artsy decorating style. *jealous*

Today: I am going to continue my laziness, maybe do a little cleaning and then head to work. If it stops raining, I’ll go out for a bit after work. If not, the laziness will continue.
Saturday: my brother’s graduation!!!

Sunday: Levern makes me crabs!!!

Monday: school starts back up *sigh*
Have a good weekend all!!

Ani DiFranco for the Day:
"i'm singing now because my tear ducts are too tired
and my mind is disconnected but my heart is wired
i make such a good statistic
someone should study me now
somebody's got to be interested in how i feel
just 'cause i'm here
and i'm real "

Heads Turned for: "Oh Happy Day!"

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:03 PM) : 

Glad you are having fun!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:54 PM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:

Thanks!

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (9:42 PM) : 

Brea, You don't know how much a brotha loves sushi! OM-gosh! The lemon doesn't look bad either. Cuties, the both of you.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:51 AM) : 

Don Tate II:
Next time you are in Maryland, I'll make you some sushi!! :)

 

post a comment