Tuesday, August 09, 2005

She's okay!!!

When I was younger, I wanted a boy and a girl. I have two babies now: my dog and my car. So that is the one childhood dream I successfully filled.

Anyway, my baby girl was sick this weekend. Turned out it was just a dead battery. This whole incident leads me to believe that I really need to learn something about cars. Anything really. I had no idea that all a car battery does is start the car. I've heard of an alternator before but had no idea what its function was until just yesterday. The last time I had a flat tire, I had to call AAA to come and put the spare on. He didn't use any of his own tools, everything that was needed was right in my trunk. I feel like a stupid girl. :0/

The thing is, I love to get my hands dirty. When I break a nail, I bite it off, I don't cry about it. I want to be able to change my own tire, oil, and car battery. It's just that I have no one to teach me. My dad knows nothing about cars. He spent over 20 years of his life in school: K-12, undergrad, masters, and law degree. My ex knew a lot about cars but was too impatient to teach me. **sigh**

Well, I went to Pep Boys all by myself and bought a battery today. I am taking it to my friend's house and he is going to teach me how to do it. I told him not to touch it, but to walk me through it. So, if my blogging abruptly stops - you'll know why.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "She's okay!!!"

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Too bad I don't live closer-I am an expert at changing tires. Unfortunately this is because in my 9 years of driving I have probably had about 15 flat tires.

Last time I got a flat, I was just putting the new tire on when a guy pulled over and said:

"Looks like you could use some help"

to which I replied:

"Really? Because it looks to me like I am done."

His face got red. But he still waited until I was done and he did help make make everything tighter. I was just amused.

Good Luck with the Battery!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I am not that good at car problems either, but if you are open experience with car problems is always the best teacher!

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Glad your baby girl is doing all right. :)

 

Blogger KjerstenGreg said ... (10:43 PM) : 

I seriously just installed a new car battery last night. Greg helped me, but I take solace in the fact that I could've done it myself. The only thing you really need to know is don't touch the + and - at the same time. :D

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (1:10 AM) : 

I dont know anything about cars either, but I do know enough to say: stay away from Pet Boys!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:39 AM) : 

Jeni Angel:
That story is hilarious!

Don Juan de Bubba:
Yes, experience is the best teacher - but if it takes car problems to get it - I'll pass.

Princess Dominique:
Thanks! Turns out it was just a dirty connection on my existing battery- I'm a bad Mommy ;)

Kjersten:
How about that!! I didn't need to change my battery afterall - guess I'll have to wait to learn how...

Don Tate II:
I returned it!!!

 

post a comment