Monday, August 08, 2005

It was one of those weeks:


  • Got cussed out by a fat woman at work over something that wasn't even my fault and I had absolutely no control over.
  • Had car trouble. Fortunately - I think it is just the alternator. I'll find out tonight.
  • Called out of work for plans that fell through. Missed a day of pay for no reason, just in time for school bills and car trouble.
  • I was, once again, judged about venting on MY blog. I have already expressed how I feel about that.
  • Had a friend call me crying hysterically in the middle of the night. She was three hours away and I could do nothing but try to calm her down over the phone. I hate feeling helpless.
  • Three crying spells: once alone, once with the bar guy, and the last one in my brother's arms (refer to story below). They were all under the influence of alcohol - I think I'm going to put the bottle down for a while.
  • Had another fight with my mother - no surprise there.
  • My ex showed me photos of him kissing his new love interest. Not sure what the hell that was intended to accomplish but it did make me lose the little respect I had left for him.
  • Was left alone at work for two hours - I AM super woman afterall.
  • My ankles are TORE UP - damn mosquitoes . . .

So, why was I crying in my brother's arms last night? I had just gotten home from any evening of Merlot. I asked my brother if he would go with me to walk the dog. As we were walking, a cop passed by us slowly with his spotlight on and lights flashing. Not a common sight in our neighborhood. So we look at each other like, "What the hell?" Then the cop stops at the bottom of the hill not too far from us. So we thought maybe he thinks it is rather late for two "kids" to be walking around the neighborhood and had stopped to ask us what we were up to. So we continue our path towards the police car. He shouted for us to stop and stay where we are. So many thoughts are running through my head at this point. I'm thinking, "This entire week has sucked enough, can I please just walk my dog?!" BANG! Then a deer rises off the road and struggles to get up and run away. Up until that moment, we hadn't even noticed there was a deer there. BANG! I just started crying hysterically. BANG! The cop shot a deer right in front of us - three times. Did it not cross his mind that perhaps he should have told us what he was about to do before proceeding to kill a deer right in front of us? Did it not cross his mind that it might be upsetting to watch a deer being shot, or even to see a gun being fired? Have I mentioned how much I fucking hate Bel Air?!! Not everyone's daddy takes them into the woods each fall to kill deer. I understand that the deer was struck by a car and needed to be put out of its misery. I understand that. But I did not need to witness it. I cried the whole way home. When we got back home, Del was trying to comfort me as was Trek. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I have got to get out of this town.

On the bright side:

  • Despite my emotional outbreak, I think things are going well with the bar guy.
  • I got the job I interviewed for 2 weeks ago and start training next week.
  • I get to quit my current job. Perhaps I will cuss out that lady on my last day. Kidding.
  • I don't expect that this week will be as bad as last.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "It was one of those weeks:"

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Wow.

I think I would have had the same reaction as you to the deer thing. How horrible.

Here's Hoping this week will be awesome!

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Awww, what a cutie-pie. About venting on your blog. Vent! Thats what they are best for. I sometimes get bad vibes when I vent on the blog, too.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:11 AM) : 

This whole cop thing just seems so weird. Sorry you had a bad week.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Jeni Angel:
Glad to hear you would have reacted the way I did - I felt like such a baby when I woke up the next day. Thanks for the well wishes.

Don Tate II:
Preach on! Seriously though, it is like telling someone what they can and can not write in a diary. I just don't get it!

DIVA:
Welcome! And thank you.

Don Juan de Bubba:
It was weird - it was almost surreal. My brother and I are still disturbed by the whole incident.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Why does it make a difference that the woman that got mad at you is overweight? What does that have to do with anything? Ughhhh. I hate this size prejudice thing. Like somehow if she is overweight she can't say certain things...but if she was thin and beautiful her behavior would have been acceptable?

I dont meant to criticize your blog, but prejudice comes in all shades and sizes.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:
I think you are reading WAY too much into my comment. If she were a skinny beautiful woman, I would have said: "I was cussed out by a skinny bitch at work..." I was just looking for a feature to make a derogatory statement about. I come from a family full of many large people; I am not pre-judging anyone.

 

post a comment