Thursday, August 11, 2005

What a big fucking mess!!

What started as a fun, playful relationship, has turned into something ugly. I'm coming unglued. I feel like I have no control over what is happening. I've never had trust issues, now I do. I've had more hurt feelings in the last few weeks than I've had in the last four years combined. My head is telling me that I am better than this - can't get the rest of me to agree. Trouble is, I have a hard time leaving relationships: ones that are take and no give, ones that are judgmental, ones that are hurtful, even ones I can't define. Life has become uncomfortably complicated - again. But this time I can not figure out why. Is it the ambiguity? Is it the past? What the hell is it?? Is it me? Am I that hard to understand? I'm tired. Very tired. I'm tired of this pattern. I feel like I have given all I have to give. Even a relationship I've had for over 10 years is falling apart - I just don't have the energy to put it back together. Why do I stay in unhealthy relationships longer than anyone else can stand? What is it about me that makes me stay when everyone else walks out? Why do I strive to meet everyone's needs with no concern for my own? When I do fight for myself, why do I always end up feeling like a big bitch? Why do I feel the need to deny big parts of myself to keep others comfortable?

I hate me.


Tonight I felt like revisiting a poem I wrote before I ended things with Yoni:

for all the right reasons

despite everything
my chest continues to rise and fall
despite you, despite me, despite us
the sun continues to rise, continues to set
and i continue to cry, alone.

i spend so much time
trying to understand
how things have come to this lonely, unsettled place
a place i can neither understand nor accept.

there is so much confusion
the colors have all blended
into such a beautiful shade of grey
yes, such a beautiful shade of grey.

if my legs only had the strength to run
from this raging of my heart, my mind, my soul
if only i could just leave
leave you, leave me, leave us
if only letting go were an easy task, i would
i would let go of all i have loved and all i hate.

despite everything
my chest continues to rise and fall
despite you, despite me, despite us
the sun continues to rise, continues to set
such a beautiful shade of grey.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "What a big fucking mess!!"

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (2:59 AM) : 

Wow. I feel like i could have wrote this post.

Thank you for sharing.

Your poetry is amazing-it really touched me. I wish I had words of wisdom, but alas. . .

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:40 AM) : 

You are so open and so sweet. I love that about you.

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (7:27 PM) : 

You made a comment on a friend of mines blog, so I wanted to check your out.
I absolutly loved that poem...This is my fav line....."If only my legs had the strength to run...." I loved it...keep your head up!

 

Blogger Nicholas said ... (4:22 AM) : 

Stop cursing, It's not lady like.
But things will get better for you, might be a surprise when it happens. Peace!!

 

Blogger Don Tate II said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Wow, sorry to hear your feeling like that. You don't hate yourself! Did I hear you say that?

 

Blogger 416Lusolife said ... (11:22 PM) : 

It's time to move on - purge it out of your system so that it becomes a memory anbd you can start learning from it rather than feeling it too close.

say f''k it out loud! whatever it takes. Go a bit crazy before you get sane again. But please...you gotta love yourself...

 

Blogger KjerstenGreg said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Unfortunately, I know exactly how you are feeling. You deserve better. Ambiguity is unacceptable... I used to think I was being a cool girl by not making guys commit, but those relationships never worked out. It's difficult, especially in this area, to find a guy interested in a real relationship. Don't compromise, keep looking until you find someone that makes you happy. You deserve it.

I realize that I don't know you very well, but my first impression was that you are a unique and amazing person. Someone capable of greatness.

This frustration is only temporary.

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (9:07 AM) : 

You are probably stronger than you give yourself credit for. Loved the poem. Keep writing and keep venting. Its healthy.

 

post a comment