Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Blah, blah, blah

Last week was weird. I was interviewed by Glamour magazine. Not for my fashion sense cuz we all know I have none. I was interviewed for my participation in 43 Things. Apparently, my list caught the eye of a reporter. That makes me laugh. I also won a $10 itunes certificate from a sweepstakes I entered at school a while back. I never win anything - ever. Also, my dad is showing an interest in my life all of sudden - humph? Weird.
The weather this weekend was gorgeous - too bad I was busy working my little butt off all weekend. My only chance to enjoy the sunshine was Saturday morning - I sat out on the deck. Well looks like a mosquito was enjoying the meal b/c my ankles are tore up! The highlight of my weekend was chocolate chip brownies - but even that was a disaster. I forgot to grease the bottom of the pan before baking them, so it turned out to be brownie crumbles. Um yeah, so the weekend sucked. I won't recount it lest I have to relive it as I type.
Is it really only Tuesday?! Yikes. Still looking for that fast forward button....
I am a bad Mommy. I still haven't taken Trek to the vet, nor have I set-up his grooming appointment. Just this weekend, I received a postcard from the vet reminding me he's due for a booster vaccine - that in addition to the e-mail reminder I already received and the reminder on my iPAQ. You would think by now I'd have taken care of it. Nope. See? Bad Mommy.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed my post of Ani DiFranco lyrics. I'm happy to have introduced her to those who have never heard her music before - she's an absolutely amazing artist. I wonder what music other folks are listening to. Do me a favor, in the comments section, leave me a couple of your favorite music artists. I want to check them out and make sure I'm not missing out on anything.
Ok, I'll stop wasting your time now. I tried to blog last night but the power went out just as I got started. Clearly, I don't really have the motivation now. I'll be back when I actually have something to say.
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Blah, blah, blah"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

congratulations!! :D should i check the next glamour?? ;)
is your pet a dog/cat?

diana krall is awesome! :) how about astrud gilberto? :)

eros ramazotti, elephant man, kevin lyttle, laura pausini, manu chao, patricia kaas, rupee, t.o.k

the music is kinda all over the place, but these people are among the ones i really like :D

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (7:34 PM) : 

music:

I am a big U2 fan

also Van Morrison

but I think more in individual songs since I have discovered IPOD

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (11:45 PM) : 

Sounds like a rather good week...just go with the flow. You're right this week is going waaaaay too slow!

Leela James, Lyfe Jennings, The Mars Volta

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 AM) : 

What kind of pet did you got actually?

Well ยด, I actually listen to some german music groups (since this is my nationality). Other then that I like Chill Out and direction rock music. I always try to find something new and interesting.

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (9:01 AM) : 

That's great about Glamour and we always want to hear what you have to say!!!

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Wow! you go mz mizzy...that's wonderful! You are on your way to becoming famous hun...I see it now...Your name in lights...Singing? Dancing? Acting? What's your talent...43things...there's bound to be something:)

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (10:01 AM) : 

brea... hubby & i follow this rule in playing poker: when you're on a roll, 'CALL'!" lol.

girl... get a lotto ticket!!!!

congrats on the glamour interview!

music?
U2, astrud, sergio mendes

:) have a great day!

 

Blogger Michele said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Girl, I really look forward to your posts. You got discovered! Yay! Remember us when you're famous. :) I've heard that folks get 'discovered' through their blogs and it's just wonderful. You've got a great set up here, and I want you to show me some pointers for my blog. For instance, you know on the comment section how it has '4 heads turned' or however many folks commented? How did you get that to say 'heads turned' instead of 'comments'?? I need some assistance, girl! Okay...you should try some Amel Larrieaux, if you haven't already. And um...who else...oh yes! My new favorite is Kem. Hubby and I are almost on the verge of naming our first child after that man we love his music so much! Okay...I've said too much, and I think this comment section might cut me off!
Bye!
Bay

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:32 PM) : 

'Ka:
It will be a few months before the story prints - I'll be sure to let everyone know :)

I have a dog.

I've heard of Diana Krall, any fav songs? Never heard of the other artists but I'll check 'em out. Thanks for your suggestions!!

Don Juan de Bubba:
I like U2 also. I'll check out Van Morrison - thanks!

Brownsoul:
Slooooooooooooooow week....Thanks for your suggestions!

Kat:
A 93lb. dog. Have a few songs you can recommend??

Princess Dominique:
Thanks! (**Brea blushes**)

Dee-Dee:
An adventurous big mouth - is that something you can get famous for?

Asian Smiles:
This week has continued to suck, I think that was all the luck I had for the year - lol! Thanks for the suggestions!

Baysuite:
Thanks for the music suggestion. One of my co-workers used to play Kem all the time. Thanks for reminding me I need to get that CD! I learned everything I know from blogger help. It is very user friendly if you haven't tried it already. For the comment thing - you need to go into your template and scroll down to the comments tag and change the language from comments to whatever it is you want. Good luck!

 

Blogger Michele said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Thanks, girl. I'm gonna go try this now. Hey, I'm sorry you had such a sucky nite. My hubby snores, God love him, and lately I've been praying at night that God would just settle his snoring. It's hard not to go sleep in another room. I'm a light sleeper, and it's hard for me to get to sleep. I know how you feel.

Hope tonite's a better nite...

Bay

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:28 PM) : 

Congratulations on your interview....

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (1:07 AM) : 

Van Morisson sings--

Moondance
Brown Eyed Girl
And it Stoned ME
etc etc.

you will also hear him in a lot of movie soundtracks

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Baysuite:
You are welcome :) My sympathy is with you and your sleepless nights.

Rose:
Thanks!

Don Juan de Bubba:
Ooooooh, ok - I am familiar with his music.

 

post a comment