Thursday, September 29, 2005

Q & A Session

Yes, I ramble. But you still love me right?

Don Juan de Bubba asked:

  1. First of all, are you really sleeping under the stars or do you have a tent? We used tarps, but you already know that by now. Unfortunately, there was too much cloud cover to see any stars all weekend anyway.
  2. What can you tell us about the town you live in? I live in a small town that likes to front like it is big. I can tell you that I hate it and can't wait until graduation so I can move. I have been out of this town for six years and moving back wasn't something I took lightly. There is very little diversity: the people here tend to be the same color and one of two religions (catholic or protestant), there are very few ethnic places to eat or shop, a ton of land but not one decent park, more pickup trucks per capita than I care to admit, not one decent artsy shop...I could go on for days but I'll stop there. I rarely go out without seeing someone I know. You would think that is a good thing, but no, it isn't. The same fake people I went to H.S. with trying to get my phone number so we can "hang out". Blech. Please. I know people change but I'm not really interested in finding out. This town makes me cynical and bitter. I have no hope in meeting anyone or reconnecting with anyone worthwhile here. Finally, it takes 45 minutes or longer for me to get anywhere I like being.
  3. Did you have a guide on your hike then, and how far did you go? Yes, the trip was guided. Dolly Sods was designated a wilderness in 1975. That basically means that nature is taking over - with poorly marked trails across rough terrain. It is easy to get lost and maps of the area are notoriously poor. We aren't quite sure how far we hiked. My guess is we covered at least 20 miles by the end of the trip. I think 10-12 of that was covered on Saturday alone.
  4. Every time I hear about your outdoors experiences, I wonder what you would think about the Rockies and the Northwest. Have you ever been out here? The closest I've been is camping in Arizona, which was beautiful. I've passed over you many summers, visiting family in California. I definitely have plans to explore more after graduation - starting with a cross country drive.


Thanks for your questions Don Juan de Bubba!

Georgia Peach asked:

  1. What is your ethnic background? I'm a mutt. I don't know much about my paternal side. My grandmother was overweight and had a very light complexion. I know nothing about my grandfather. All I know about my father is that he has a light complexion (slightly darker than my grandmother) and was very muscular well into his forties when I severed all contact with him. On my maternal side, things are all mixed up! My grandmother is half black, half Chinese. My grandfather is half black, half Native American. So, to put it simply, I'm a mutt. ;)
  2. Why did you and your ex break-up? Wow. Many, many reasons. I think it came down to a constant devaluing of my feelings, consistently being made a last priority, and the lack of tenderness and seriousness I needed. We had crazy fun together, but anything deeper than that was often a problem. Not to say I was perfect - FAR from it. But after I accepted his proposal, our relationship changed. He was no longer the sweet thoughtful person I fell in love with, he stopped telling me I was beautiful, he stopped making time for me, and he made no effort to plan for our future. I was constantly being hurt, so I had to get out. I think there is more depth to me (and the type of relationship I wanted) than he could handle. I don't know if it was a matter of maturity or personality - either way, it was what it was.
  3. What is your favorite color? Green.


Thanks for your questions Georgia Peach!

Hasan Mubarak asked:

  1. If you went into the woods and a Bear asks you for a moonlit, fish BBQ date by the stream, would you go with it? Hell no - I'm terrified of any wild animal that gets too close. It could, however, leave the fish for me to eat by myself. :)
  2. What proportion of the whole population of Maryland, USA is married? According to the CDC, in 2004 6.8 per 1,000 are married. Unfortunately, the last census was conducted in 2000 and the link to the population projections is down. My guess is somewhere around 36,000 people are married.

Thanks for your questions Hasan Mubarak!

Dee-Dee asked:

  1. What keeps you up at night? The damn foxes sounding like cackling witches outside my window and then the barking from Trek that follows. When that chaos isn't going on, I over analyze mistakes I've made - sick really.
  2. Where is your heart right now? Wish I knew - my heart has been all over the damn place! I wish it would settle down already...
  3. Do you ever want to get married and have children? Absolutely. I am looking forward to a lifelong commitment and having a family. As soon as I'm done with school and settled in a career, I'm ready to start nesting! I want two boys.

Thanks for your questions Dee-Dee!

Rose asked:

  1. Did your parents like your fiance'? Loved him. They honestly loved him as if he were their own son. In fact, my Dad has still not come to terms with the fact that we are not together anymore; he still has our pictures up on the mantle and in his office. He tells me all the time to give him another chance. Our parents still remain great friends, going to dinners and movies together quite often.
  2. What did your brother say when you told him that you were through with your ex, was he happy because he thought he wasn't good enough for you anyway? Nope. Like my Dad, he wants us back together.
  3. What would you say if he apologized and got on his knees and begged you to take him back? He did that already, six months after the initial break-up. We decided to hang out to test the waters, nothing serious. I just didn't see all the changing he claimed to have done and decided to end it again. We had four great years together - it was just the last year that wasn't good. I have no regrets - if anything - we need more time. Some days I think I could never be with him again and some days I want nothing more. When he gets back from his business trip he wants to "talk", I will always listen, so who knows? I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your questions Rose!

Marz asked:

  1. What type of music do you enjoy? I'll listen to pretty much anything other than country, rap, or hard rock. I prefer music you don't find on mainstream radio; music that tells a story or speaks to the human condition. My favorite artist is Ani DiFranco. I'm also loving Ozomatli, a group I discovered this summer.
  2. What's your favourite movie of all time? The Emperor's New Groove. I can recite almost every line in that movie.
  3. Starting right now, and in sequence, what are the first three animals that come up in your head? zebra, dog, cow (all are black & white in my mind's eye - interesting...)

Thanks for your questions Marz!

Brotha Buck asked:

  1. What's the story behind that big hat you're wearing, although you do look cute in it. Ha - thanks! Well, it was a birthday dinner for my ex. The waiters sing a funny song and make the birthday boy wear the hat. I stole it from him. That photo is actually photoshopped b/c Yoni thought it would be funny to position his hand in a way that made it look like he was cupping my left breast. I didn't know what he had done until the pic was developed! I thought it was funny but didn't think it should be posted on my profile.
  2. What is your least favorite novel and why? Hmmm. I can't think of a novel I didn't enjoy, I guess I don't read enough...
  3. What happened with you and that bar guy? Oh boy. Well, I think it has developed into a physical relationship with little to no connection on any other level. I think I just want someone there which leaves me sick to my stomach and has done wonders for my self-esteem.

Thanks for your questions Brotha Buck!

Leesa asked:

  1. Did you bring a roll of TP with you? I actually brought a travel pack of Huggies for "freshening up" before bed and first thing in the morning. The TP was provided by another group member.
  2. If you see an article of clothing in the woods, do you think about the events that lead to the article of clothing being left in the woods? I see where you are going with this, but I am a HUGE believer in Leave No Trace Ethics - so it would probably just piss me off.
  3. Did you come back with all of your articles of clothing? Yup.

Thanks for your questions Lessa!

ManNMotion asked:

  1. If you could be doing anything, and I mean anything, with your life right now, what would it be? I would travel all over the U.S. and then hit many places around the world.
  2. What things would you have to do to make #1 happen? I'd need lots of time & money - both is short supply :0/
  3. So, what do you think? I think I should just give up on this whole education and independence thing - and catch me a rich man. But seriously, I plan on doing those things, it is just going to take patience.

Thanks for your questions ManNMotion!

Shirazi asked:

  1. Who are you? (The answer needs what is not already in the blog) All the big pieces of me or on the blog, so here are some little ones: I am giving and committed to relationships to the point where it is often unhealthy. I can be somewhat of a perfectionist. I like to stay an outsider in new social situations until I have had adequate time to "people watch". Then I work to get to know those people who interest me. I am a social person who loves public speaking and leading/organizing groups.
  2. How did you build such a functional sidebar on blogger? Blogger help, all the way.
  3. How do you like your Coffee? Flavored with lots of cream - I prefer hazelnut.

Thanks for your questions Shirazi!

DIVA asked:

  1. Aren't you afraid the bugs will eat you out there in the woods? I only encountered one spider (which I handled all by myself - a very proud moment in my life) and a cute catepillar. The first night I came home I woke up with two mosquito bites. What gives?
  2. What's the thing that disappoints you the most about yourself? I think I internalize things too much and am too hard on myself.
  3. Most sensual thought? Something outdoors with water - although I haven't worked out the details yet...

Thanks for your questions Diva!

Crude Clay asked:

  1. Do u shave ure armpits? Everyday.
  2. Ever fancied another lass? Nope - there are few women in this world I can stand to begin with.
  3. Do u prefer to fart in private or public? Definitely in private.

Thanks for your questions Crude Clay!


Whew - that was a lot of work!!!
(All photos posted by Picasa )

Heads Turned for: "Q & A Session"

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (1:53 AM) : 

That was really cool. Thanks.

 

Blogger Overboard said ... (3:16 AM) : 

Dang! You've been busy! I didn't leave any questions because I knew you'd be inundated!

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (5:31 AM) : 

I did get my answers! You are pretty good at handling Qs & As...

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (6:19 AM) : 

Thanks for answers. Given fist answe, I know you better now.

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (4:03 PM) : 

Very cool! Thanks for being so open!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:49 PM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba, Shirazi & Jeni Angel:
No problem :)

Anchored:
Yeah, that was quite a task - but it was fun.

Hasan Mubarak:
I had to do a little research for yours!

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Brea, that was VERY creative! Enjoyed it much. Especially the hat story.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (12:49 AM) : 

You handled all the questions like a pro-good job! Enjoyed getting to know you better...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 AM) : 

it's very interesting that i get to know you better now... :D

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (8:19 PM) : 

This is so nice...you did a wonderful job answering these questions and I like the way you formatted it...you go girl:)

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (11:58 PM) : 

Those were some interesting questions. Sorry I missed the Q & A. I have a lot going on and I was sick as a dog myself.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Little Princess:
Tell me about it!

Brotha Buck:
Glad you enjoyed it :)

Rose & 'ka:
Scary - isn't it!

Dee-Dee:
Thanks!

Reese:
It's okay - glad you are feeling better now.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Insanely Sane:
Go for it - it wasn't my idea to begin with - I got it from someplace else

 

post a comment