Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Share?

I must say, dividing and conquering worked out quite well. All my clothes are clean (even hand wash items), I've gone through most of my mail (and good thing - my car registration is up this month!), my calendar is up-to-date, my computer desk is immaculate, and vacuuming & dusting are complete. I only have my work desk, bathroom, and packing to finish. Go me, get the job done, go me! Sorry, got a little excited there.
I've been single for about seven months now. After "getting over" (I say that loosely) the initial heartache, I began to enjoy my life as a single woman. The single life is beginning to take it's toll.
Tonight, I finished my last day of training for my new job. My boss told me I was one of the top two trainees he's had since his four months at this location. After weeks of hard work, that was really great to hear. Driving home, I wish I had someone to share it with. Sure, I could have called a friend. But I wanted to share it with someone special. After being in my last relationship for five years, I grew used to having someone to share all of life's triumphs and failures, big and small. Someone to call first thing after something great or terrible happened, or anything in between, knowing the person on the other end would share in that joy or pain. He was very good in supporting my school and job endeavors and I really miss that. I miss sharing in his life and he sharing in mine.
Yesterday, I had my water proof disposable camera developed. Among other things, there were pictures of Yoni and I kayaking and playing with Trek at the doggy beach. Up until our break-up, these were experiences I never shared with anyone else. In fact, he still is the only one to have ever gone with Trek and I to the doggy beach.

Trek and Yoni playing tug o' war Posted by Picasa

I miss having those special experiences shared with only him.

"See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me." -- Emma U.


I still miss him terribly and love him as much as I did the first day I said those three magic words. I know I'm not ready for another relationship right now, but I am sure ready to share my life with someone special. Does that make any sense?

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Share?"

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (5:08 AM) : 

Yes Brea, it makes perfect sense.

Whatever happened between the two of you, it will never be erased. He will always be the Yoni of your life.

There will be more times like this, so brace yourself :). The good thing about it, is that you have already learned to accept what happened, and you don't sound bitter at all.

When the right time comes, all these will become a pleasant memory. And the longing will be gone.

Be brave, get busy, be happy, stay safe.

:)

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (5:33 AM) : 

Let us look at it this way: There are supposed to be tight compartments in life. Keep the es(s) in one of them and move on. You have to live the life. If the ex was worth any thing, he would never have been an ex in the first place. Why spoil the present for the past.

No, Asian Smiles?

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (12:45 AM) : 

exactly shi! good to see u shi.
and Hi prof spex..
and brea, keep smiling girl :)

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Makes Plenty sense! True love is like that!

 

Blogger Rose said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Brea
I thought I would never get over the first guy that I was engaged to, we dated from 16-21. But I did survive and met my soulmate. Love is better this time around and much stronger. My first engagement trained me on how to communicate and work as a team with my husband. Keep smiling, Yoni's memories will make you a better person for yourself and the next soulmate in your life.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:05 PM) : 

afp763389:
Back at ya! :)

Asian Smiles:
'The Yoni of my life' - I like the sound of that. The memories are very plesant - I'm looking forward to relief from the longing.

Shirazi:
I like the idea of compartmentalizing - but seems like everytime I do, he breaks through. :0/

Professor Spex & Reese:
Thanks for the understanding

Rose:
Thanks for sharing your story - gives me hope!

 

post a comment