Thursday, August 25, 2005

Quotes and a metaphor.

"Relationships are like glass: Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than to hurt yourself trying to put it back together." - Source Unknown

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it.... It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

Posted by Picasa

So, last night the bar guy and I came to the decision that what is going on between us cannot continue as is. What that means, I think is still yet to be determined. When I came home, I took the picture above. Trek had knocked it down in the pursuit of a beef jerky treat I had left in plain view like a dumb ass. The glass bowl contained the dried rose petals of one of the first bouquets of roses Yoni had given me. Now that the bowl is broken, do I salvage the rose petals or do I throw them away? Is it something I hold on to, or something I let go? Decisions...

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Quotes and a metaphor."

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:59 PM) : 

Depends how much you like the rose petals I guess.

Dont throw them away because they are attached to him if you still like them.

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Although I am the Queen of not moving on . . .maybe it's a sign to let go of the past.

But again-what do I know?

 

Blogger KjerstenGreg said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Get rid of them... I just got rid of three dried rose bouqets (sp?) from my old boyfriends (or did I... maybe I just haven't gotten to that box yet...) There will be other roses to dry :)

 

Blogger Rose said ... (12:31 AM) : 

I'm not sure. A lot of women keep them because when they are dried and sprayed they are beautiful for a long time.

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (8:07 PM) : 

I haven't followed this story as closely as now I am wishing I had. The first clue that tells me you should throw the roses away is in your first line of type --"the bar guy"

I'd say, toss the roses and purchase some someplace besides the bar. *smile* But seriously.

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (6:52 AM) : 

In this part of the world, such roses are symbol of lonliness.

BTW, your About Me blurb is very conveying. Glad that I was here.

 

Blogger ManNMotion said ... (5:53 AM) : 

Wow, that quote by Erica Jong is POWERFUL!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (6:00 PM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:
I do like the rose petals - I am amazed at how they have retained their color with no chemical treatment after five years. However, they symbolize a love lost...

Jeni Angel:
I think you are right - but as with many things in life, easier said than done :0/

Kjersten (the voice of reason):
Thanks!

Rose:
I never treated them & they are five years old - the color retention amazes me!

Brotha Buck:
"The bar guy" and Yoni are two different people in my life. Refresher: "The bar guy" is the guy I meant 2 months back (suprise - at a bar). Yoni is my ex-fiance. Consider yourself caught up :)

Shirazi:
Intresting bit of info. Thanks! b/w I loooove your name.

ManNMotion:
Isn't it! I love that quote.

DIVA:
You said it girl! Glad to hear you are staying clear of those bad influences in your life. You were in a bad place last week but sounds like things are looking up! Stay strong!

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (8:13 PM) : 

I loved this one "Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it’s cracked up to be. That’s why people are so cynical about it.... It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don’t risk anything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong


It's oh so true!!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Reese:
I know!

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (1:07 PM) : 

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short on this one but...that first quote blew my mind!! What was your out come:(

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Dee-Dee:
Better late than never ;)

Well the answer is complicated. I'm leaving the new relationship I recently got involved in broken.

My ex - the one I spent close to five years with - may be worth fighting for. Still trying to figure that one out.

 

post a comment