Tuesday, August 23, 2005

:0/

What a depressing day in the blogosphere. Seems like nearly everyone is going through some sort of turmoil. Is there something in the water?
Me? I am missing what was AND I have somehow gotten myself into another unhealthy relationship that I am having a hard time leaving. I'm not sure how to articulate my problems, so I won't. It will all come out when I'm ready - it always does.
This past weekend was supposed to produce organization and clarity. Not so much. I partied, shopped, caught up with friends, worked a 14-hour shift - everything but organize and clarify. There is always next weekend. . .
Yesterday was awesome. I was supposed to train all day at my new job. My trainer had food poisoning so I was only there for an hour. It was gorgeous outside and the whole day opened up. I ran some errands, took a nap, took Trek for a romp, and spent QT with my family. My brother leaves for college on Friday :( We are extremely close - and anyone who knows me, knows I have been dreading this. I am going to miss him like crazy but we are making the best of the time we have left. So last night my family (joined by Stephanie) had our last crab feast before he leaves. We of course purchased the crabs live and steamed them ourselves. We all ate until it hurt. Good times. I'm kicking myself for not taking any pics but I was too busy enjoying myself to even think about it. Oh well.
Tonight was equally awesome. I decided to leave work after only 2 hours to spend time with my brother. Work will be there next week, Del will not. We went to the park, went for gelatis, and had dinner together.
Wasn't his graduation just yesterday???


I never would have thought that my annoying little brother would turn into the most important person in my life, seemingly overnight. Like so many things in life, you don't fully appreciate what you have until it is gone. I know we will remain close but it is going to be a big adjustment. Isn't life grand?

Heads Turned for: ":0/"

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Maybe that is what all the funk is about with everyone then....transitional times and adjusting to it as we move into a new school year, new season etc.

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Annoying little brothers have a way of doing that.

One day I looked over and he was my best friend.

I am glad you are spending so much time with him before he goes!

Enjoy!

 

Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said ... (2:24 PM) : 

You are pretty as fuck, beautiful smile. Tha unhealthy relationship, fuck it, fire dude he'll live and you will too. Replace'em don't chase'em. Oh, and lil bro, dude is a Man, let him be a Man, Lucky he turned into one. A lot of Niggas don't, Breath Easy Baby!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:
I think you are exactly right. I always forget how difficult transitions are. Can't wait for this one to be over!!

Jeni Angel:
You said it!

BossMack:
A bit harsh, but I get what you are saying.

 

post a comment