Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Yeah I know.

I'm starting to sound pretty f***ing pathetic.
I realize this.
I'm done.
Can you change the past? No.
Can you control how others treat you? Nope.
You can only change/control how you let the past/others affect you.
And that is my pep talk for the day.
I've been rather absent on the blogging front. I spent the last 2 hours trying to catch up on my regular reads. If I haven't gotten to yours yet, I apologize. My attention span is only so long. I know how you have missed my comments ;)
Anyway, a couple of the blogs I read today had random lists. I love it. My turn.
  • As I type this I'm eating champagne grapes. Yum! I now have a craving for a certain type of wine. Seeing as how I am too broke for said wine, how about a bottle of Asti? Sounds good to me!
  • Speaking of broke . . . I made too much money last year to qualify for financial aid. So, I'm back to working two jobs and going to school. I now not only need to take care of this semester's bill, but there is also the 3K for next semester. Oh, and let's not forget the nearly $500 in books. Just call me broke ass. I just love how this great country makes it so hard to get an education. Makes so much sense. Here's an idea. Give me back the thousands of dollars I paid in taxes last year and let me finish my degree. I will be able to get a better job, make more money, and pay more taxes. Everybody wins, no?
  • Currently debating whether to live with my brother and a friend next year OR move downtown alone. Brother and friend = huge apartment, save money, not be lonely, have to deal with two sloppy males, in my comfort zone, have someone else to walk Trek on occasion. Downtown = small apartment, super expensive, potential loneliness, my own space, independence, lots of social and cultural opportunity, doggy duty 7/365. Decisions.
  • Trek is all better now. He thought it would be a good idea to steal a half a tray of spicy chicken - bones and all. Carpet cleaning, fasting, pedialite, keopeptate. Children. . .
  • Going backpacking in Dolly Sods next weekend :) :)
  • Spent WAY too much money at REI this past weekend for said backpacking trip. If I don't spoil me, who will?? Besides, I NEED that stuff. All of it.
  • While driving today, I discovered I can now rest my arm comfortably on my stomach. Not good. I can swear I wasn't able to do that at the beginning of the summer. I'm not giving up chocolate, or pizza, or ice cream, or beer. Liposuction?
  • Four friends called to check-in on me today. I love nice people.
  • Getting together to go kayaking with Kjersten this weekend. Sure to be disastrous fun - the story of my life.
  • Haven't started on the two chapters I need to have read by Thursday. Must master the art of speed reading.
  • I've gotten out of the habit of carrying my camera everywhere I go. I am kicking my own ass for all the photo ops I've missed. Camera is back in my purse with fully charged batteries.
  • Spent some time organizing my scrapbooking stuff. Haven't scrapbooked a thing.
  • Haven't heard a word from "you know who" about his flight to come see me - probably a good thing. Not probably, it IS a good thing. Refer to earlier pep talk - stay strong.
  • People can not drive - with me being the only exception.
  • $2.99 is still expensive ass gas. Especially since I use the mid-grade, drive 45 miles each way to and from school, and I'm broke!!! "I'm broke bitch! I'm doing the best I can!" Sound familiar?
  • Found out that I will save over $500 dollars a year once I turn 25 on car insurance. Woo- hoo!!! Then I get college grad and teacher discounts this summer. Oh yeah baby! Who said getting old was all bad?
  • Spent less than $50 at Target. See, I DO have self control.
  • I have an awesome weekend lined up (except for the work part). Woot woot!

Alright, I do believe I have a stomach to feed and a bottle of Asti to purchase.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Yeah I know."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 AM) : 

unfortunately, independence is always expensive... :(

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:17 PM) : 

'ka:
True and dependence has its costs too. Thanks for the comment.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (10:33 PM) : 

It expensive living as an adult. The gas price sucks too...

 

Blogger Overboard said ... (3:01 AM) : 

I'm so miserable. Blogging really helps. Stupid, huh!

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (9:00 AM) : 

Thanks for stopping by my and giving me some advice Brea. I appreciate it. Oh..I pretty much read your blog everyday. It is interesting because I can identify with a lot of things you discuss.

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Brea, as the father of a daughter your age who didn't go to school, now shes callin home needing money cause she cant get a j.o.b., I must say, I'm proud of you! YOu are doing fine. Maybe avoid staying with your brother, though. Boys will be boys, and you don't need the distractions that will be the fringe benefits of the arrangement.

I went kayaking in Cozumel this summer. It was a blast!

Best

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (8:39 AM) : 

I love your list and I vote for the larger apartment. A little mess won't hurt you and besides sometimes we need a the dog walking help we can get.

www.princessdominique.com/blog

 

Blogger Ddot the King said ... (10:17 AM) : 

You seem like a very cool chica! Nice blog.

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Glad to see you are feeling a bit better girly:)

Great list...watch out there now it can become a bit addictive:)

Expenses...what a headache huh?:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I loved reading your post. You are an extremely good writer.

We have the same taste in wine, by the way. Asti is good. And Chianti. And Fraggolino (sp?). =) Hehe!

I hope that things settle down for you in all aspects. Whatever choices you have to make (ie. your living choice desicion), I hope it works out best in the long run. =) Take care!

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (5:11 AM) : 

Brea (and `Ka), there is point in between dependence and independence. No?

 

Blogger Brea said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Rose:
My momma tried to tell me not to grow up :0/

Anchored:
I went through a break up this year also - blogging has been a HUGE help, not stupid at all.

Georgia Peach:
Glad to hear someone can relate to me - I sometimes feel like I am going crazy or something.

Brotha Buck:
Thanks for the encouragement! And yes, kayaking is one of my favorite things to do.

DIVA:
Oh yeah, NYC is craaaaazy expensive. We may be broke but we're still smiling - that's what really matters ;)

Myrah:
*Squirt blushes at the compliment* Looks like prices are coming down - slowly.

Princess Dominique:
I take 99.9% of the responsibility for my dog - but it is nice to have someone there in case something comes up and I won't make it home within 8 hours. Your vote has been counted!

Ddot the King:
Thanks!

Dee-Dee:
Thanks hunni! :) And not just headache - SPLITTING headache.

Marz:
Thanks! I love just about any wine but Asti is my first love ;)

Shirazi:
Absolutely - but the two choices I have for my living space next year are such a stark contrast that I am having a hard time finding that happy medium. Good thing I have nothing but time to get it figured out.

 

Blogger Edz said ... (4:21 PM) : 

you can't be broke like me. blame it on my crazyness. i went for an exchange semester in europe last year. totally enjoyed it, with no regrets... but girl, now, i'm starving.
i like reading your blog. thanx for sharing

 

Blogger Brea said ... (9:47 AM) : 

envizable:
You are so right - I have that same problem - spending more money than I should. But like I said, you need to spoil yourself! Gas is $2.89 around here - I'm jealous.

Edz:
A semester in Europe is worth starving over!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Fun to read! Sounds like you are really living a student life ;-)

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Kat:
Yes ma'am, I am a starving student. But I'm blessed to be earning my college degree. Always a bright side :)

 

Blogger cyberorg said ... (6:21 AM) : 

"Yeah I know"

Nice pep talk there.

-J

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:06 PM) : 

Remote:
It seems to be working!

 

post a comment