Thursday, April 13, 2006

Bitchy Thursday

This week's thirteen quickly progresses into my own personal bitch fest. Enjoy.


Thirteen Things about Brea


1. Not sure if I'm hungover or dying. Either way, I hope it is over soon.

2. The cut on my finger from last week still makes people shutter. I have shock value - very cool.

3. I'm on a roll - made another awesome dinner last week. This time without hurting myself. I may catch on to this domestic stuff yet!

4. I have a bit of a housing dilemma. I was supposed to move into a county apartment with a friend. However, another friend of mine just landed a job downtown and wants to move into the city. I've always wanted to live in the city. Plus, we can get a townhome instead of an apartment. What to do?!

5. I have the entire weekend off = hiking, mountain biking, and live music. I can't wait!

6. Thank G-d for unlimited text messaging.

7. I have misplaced the face plate to my car stereo. Car rides are so boring now. I mean really, when I'm screaming at all the jerk drivers out there, there is no theme music. That's no fun. Plus, I can no longer share my awesome singing talent with anyone stuck next to me at a traffic light.

8. I finally saw Crash. What an awesome movie! And the music! I think I may have to buy the soundtrack. If you ask me, the score really helped make the movie so powerful.

9. Is it me or is everyone on a diet? Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly happy with this winter belly. But the thought of not eating anything I want is just plain scary. No carbs? No sugar? I'd starve! Scaaaaaaaaaaary!

10. I've been presented with an awesome job opportunity. All I have to do is apply and train. It's a hook up from my Dad - which has always worked out great in the past. I'd make more than my teacher salary after graduation (which thanks to our societal values, isn't impressive to begin with - but that's another blog...). So what is the problem? My passion has always been to teach. I'm afraid if I take this job, I won't be able to give up the money. But it would make the right now fantastic. Dilemma number two.

11. Why is it the guys I attract are either arrogant assholes (who think every girl is trying to wrap them up), a friend (who cannot keep boundaries), obsessive (who can't just chill without trying to force a commitment and/or have to know where I am at all times), or just plain BLECH?! Where is the happy medium?! I give up. If Mr. Right comes along, I'm going to tell him to go f--k himself too.

12. Why do some people still think 10% is a good tip? And why are these same people so proud of their shitty tip that they have to deliver it personally? Your verbal tip of, "You did such a great job" isn't going to pay my bills. That being said, none of these people were out last night. I was on fire! Every single table OVER-tipped me and I ended up making three times anyone else in the restaurant. So to the guy who made me cry last week, I'd just like to say....nevermind, I'll spare you the profanities.

13. This blog needs a new look. I'm just not sure what I'll do yet. I think I may blog before next Thursday. Yes, I will. I will blog before next Thursday. There, I said it, now I have to do it. Stay tuned...


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1.
Audrey

2. Dee-Dee

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

Heads Turned for: "Bitchy Thursday"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

I would assume that you won't need a diet...no food...too scarry with all this yummy stuff around. I mean on the other side you also do sports...so I think this fact will regulate itself :)

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:35 PM) : 

This is a fun way to keep blogging but not as intensely!

Good for you!

As for the winter belly, I bet it looks cute on you.

 

Blogger Alina said ... (6:48 AM) : 

Yup, a lot of talk about dieting lately...It is indeed scary. For the moment, I stick to planning to go to gym. Beats planning to starve by far! :D

 

Blogger kathi said ... (5:34 PM) : 

Yes, I love hearing about a good tip night! The former waitress and bartender in me. Way to go darlin!
Enjoy your time off!

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (8:18 PM) : 

I won't tell you about my diet ... and there's no way I'm going to blog about it.

Having lived on tips in the past, 20% is the minimum in my book. And, it's not an act of generosity. A person should expect to pay for service when they dine out. If not, go to the restaurant, get take-out, and go home and eat it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

I guess it's because I am ignorant of the way tipping works in the US because I have never been there, but why isn't there a service charge or something?
But hey, overtipping, I am sure, has rewards of its own. =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 PM) : 

man, dont even get me started on crash. That was one of the best movies i saw when i finally got round to watching it.

when u buy the soundtrack send me a copy. i agree.... it was excellent. Haha.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I know this is weird but I reacently watched Crash too.l I was actually scared to see it at first because I didn't know how it would make me feel but it was the best movie that I have seen in a very very long time.

Diet...I have to.. I must stop carbs and sweet for about two months.. I must do this now..

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (8:43 AM) : 

I sympathize with your living dilemma. I say do whichever you want to do most, which sounds like "city". And I can relate to your jubilation over unlimited text messaging! Ha! I'm still doing the happy dance over that myself!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (3:00 PM) : 

Theresa:
You said it! I think I may blog about the rules of dining out. There are too many bad customers out there.

Marz:
I don't know why there isn't a service charge. The restaurant industry in the U.S. makes so much money. They only pay waitstaff $3 an hour, the public is really who pays our salary. Unfortunately, a good portion of the public is ignorant to this fact and tip below 20%.

 

post a comment