Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy Thursday!

Got this idea from Audrey's blog. At least now you can count on hearing my randomness at least once a week. Aren't you excited?! ;)

Thirteen Things about Brea:


1. Developed a sore throat and swollen lymph nodes (the ones behind my ears) today. Gee, wonder if I'm getting sick?

2. Dropped $500 on car repairs. Oh happy day!

3. Reconnected with old friends from H.S. and college. What ever happened to solid platonic relationships with men? Why do they always have to see how far they can go?

4. Anxiously awaiting news of our next backpacking trip. Can we go now? How about now? Now?!

5. A customer made me cry Tuesday night. What kind of piece of shit offers $25 and an apology as constellation for being an asshole. Get the f*%# out! I hope they burn in hell.

6. I'm not bitter, really.

7. I love red wine, it made me forget my work shirt at the bar. Don't ask.

8. Sliced my finger on an empty can of green beans. Right on the tip and it took a good twenty minutes to stop the bleeding. Who does that? Oh, I do. Fortunately, this minor setback was forgotten quickly. I made an awesome dinner.

9. Still searching, finding nothing. It may be easier if I figure out what the hell it is I am looking for in the first place! Which brings me to...

10. I miss blogging and my blogging buddies. I know for a fact that I am most successful when I work things out in writing. You'd think in my current state of BLAH, I'd be writing up a storm. I'm not.

11. Bought a $45 bra at Victoria's Secret this weekend. It makes my boobs look good and has clear straps for use with halters and spaghetti straps. I'm still trying to convince myself it was worth it. When is the last time a man spent more than $10 on underwear? It just doesn't seem fair! Moving on... By the time I left the mall, my pocket was $200 lighter. Good thing I don't do that often.

12. Trying to decide who I should invite to the annual fishing trip this year. Part of me would like you-know-who to come. How sad is that? I have all these wonderful people in my life and HE is the one I want there. That says something about me, doesn't it?

13. Debating whether to take classes this summer or to work my ass off and save money (or spend it all decorating my new apartment, on car repairs, or buying bras from VS).

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Audrey


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

Let me know if you decide to start doing this on your own blog. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into the randomness that is my life. Just be glad all you get is a glimpse; I'm stuck in this head for life! Now that's a scary thought!

Heads Turned for: "Happy Thursday!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:10 AM) : 

Some things sound familiar to me...trying to find something but don't know what. And hey, a backpacking trip sounds great - get out for a while and away from to much civilization :)

 

Blogger kathi said ... (7:47 AM) : 

I liked reading your list. Not sure I could come up with 13 things about me, though...gotta think about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I enjoyed reading your list.

I am sorry to hear about a customer making your cry. I really hope that what was mentioned in item 7 had anything to do with it, because wine spills should be much more than 25 buckeroos and an apology. Then again, anything that makes anyone cry is a bad thing.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (1:31 PM) : 

Yeah...sometimes boxers can be expensive. But a 5 pack of fruit of the looms is about10-12 dollars.

Women have to spend lots of money on lots of stuff men dont.

Makeup is more expensive.

My haircuts are generally 10-12 bucks.

I love being a man.

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (1:18 PM) : 

See that's why you should always keep a cream pie available to throw in a customer's face... lol

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (3:07 PM) : 

HEY MAMA!!! IM JUST OVER HERE PLAYING SOME SEIOUS CATCH UP OKAY!!!!:)

 

Blogger Waddie G. said ... (4:53 PM) : 

taking care of a car is worse than taking of a child financially

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Hey, lady!

Okay, I hear you on #3! Not only do they have to see how far they can go, but they insist on trying you even after you've said no. And will lie in a heartbeat about being cool with just being friends! Geeez....lol

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:05 AM) : 

Kat:
Whoever finds it first, tells the other. Deal? ;) And yes, a backpackiong trip sounds sooooo good right now. I really need a getaway. I think I need to light a fire under my friends' asses so we can go!

Kathi:
I'm sure you could come up with a list of 13 things. Randomness is so easy, just write whatever comes to mind!

Marz:
No wine spills - I just went out with friends after work for a couple of glasses of wine. A couple of drinks always helps me to unwind.

Friar Tuck:
Rub it in why don't you?! It costs $60 to get my hair done!

Brooklyn Babe:
That would be just the beginning...

Mz. Dee-Dee:
Lol! You and me both!

ProfessorGQ:
I somehow doubt that. But both are quite expensive.

Brownsoul:
I know. It is soooo frustarting. Especially after the men in question have been out of my life for so many years, yet bring the same drama. Do they ever grow up?!

 

Blogger Clay said ... (10:43 AM) : 

when i get those swollen lymph nodes i am running to the doctor - i hate that feeling! made you cry -- damn! try to not let them get to you ... but i know how it is when the day is weighing on you

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Oh yay! I'm glad to see you were able to get the Thurs. 13 Code. Now, just remembering to keep up with it every Thursday is a different story. Ha.

When you talk about meeting up with old friends, are you by chance referring to myspace? Because I have found that, even though I'm having great fun reuniting with friends, I'm being plagued by guy "friends" from the past who are definitely um, pushing my buttons. The WRONG ones, at that. Geesh, what happened to just "being friends??"

That is nuts, paying $45 for a bra! I think my entire collection adds up to that cost, but then my bras suck, too.

Crazy thing, I, too knicked my finger on a green bean can this morning. My son wanted green beans and ketchup for breakfast. UGH. But I don't think I suffered to the extent you did. Ouch!

Red wine is the BEST!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Clay:
I can be on my death bed and still refuse to go to the doctor. I'm stubborn as hell!! As for work, it totally caught me off guard. I'm used to dealing with assholes at work and have never cried before. I guess other stress in my life could have contributed.

Double Oh No:
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how long I can keep it up. Yup, old friends got in touch with me via myspace. We met up for drinks and now I wish I hadn't. Just more drama in my life I don't need. But sounds like you totally understand. Ugh!

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (5:44 PM) : 

#5.. I work in customer service.. have for over 9 years... and customer's piss me off ALL THE TIME.. good thing I can just hang up.. LOL

#8. I have recently

#9.Ahhh- WE are SOO on the same page right now.. let me know if u find anything.. then u can direct me? LOL

#11 Can't fit any VS bra's.. LMAO
That can be GOOD & BAD...

 

Blogger Rose said ... (3:46 AM) : 

Bras are always too expensive, just about all good underwear. Enjoyed reading your list...

 

Blogger Masood Ahmed said ... (8:37 AM) : 

i like the list....a glimpse into the randomness of life..searching for something...look into heart.you will find the answer:)

 

Blogger Scott said ... (9:59 AM) : 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Loved reading your Thursday 13. Cool list... where ya going backpacking?

Scott

 

Blogger Leesa said ... (10:03 AM) : 

I love the way VS bras make me look as well. But I don't get them very often. I keep telling myself I will never purchase another pair of VS panties - they look cute but they last like three washings. Maybe why they are always on sale.

And I thought it was to get us to buy $5 bras!

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (4:20 PM) : 

xTruly enjoyed it.

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (7:56 PM) : 

$45!! What kind of magic bra was this? Did it come with something? A little bit of crack? A man? what?


I do that too. Those time when you should write the most - you usually don't. Too overwhelming even though you know it's good for you!

glad you are back!

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I liked the idea of such a list.

A sore throat & a cut finger, girl, get well soon!

I, too, love to reconnect with old friends, it's fun.

Hey, can't I join you on the next Backpacking mission??

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (10:38 PM) : 

I'm glad you're back. I miss you when you're away. I love your list.

You spent $45 on a bra?? If it was worth it, send me the details! LOL

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Scott:
I think the first trip for the season will be at Dolly Sods in West Virginia.

Leesa:
Have you tried the regular cloth panties from VS? They are so comfy and lasting unlike the sexier lingerie there.

Anhoni Patel:
Nope, no crack.

Hasan Mubarak:
Sure, but that is a hell of a trip for a weekend backpacking excursion!

DCS:
Awww, thanks! This bra better be everything I hoped it would be and more! I'll keep you updated as I get to wear it with summery tops.

 

post a comment