Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy Monday!

I am so glad to see last week over! I'm actually happy it is Monday, which NEVER happens. I never thought I'd say it, but thank G-d for Monday!Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts from last week. Someone has been arrested for the murders. Time will tell if it is the right person with enough evidence for conviction. In the meantime, I feel better knowing the animal capable of murdering a pregnant woman in broad daylight is behind bars. I went to the viewing last week and saw a still born baby for the first time in my life; he was buried in his mother's arms. He was beautiful. How could someone have done this? Even more heartbreaking, was her 16 month old daughter walking around the funeral home. She has no idea what has happened and will grow up having never known her mother. When I first heard of this tragedy, the first person I thought of was my own little brother. We are as close as my friend was with her sister. I cannot even fathom the thought of losing someone that close to me. My brother and I always say "I love you" before hanging up the phone or when leaving each other. Somehow, that meant so much more to me this week. This whole situation is a reminder of just how precious life is and how easily it can be taken away. My other friend's husband is doing fine, but still hospitalized. Last Wednesday another friend of mine miscarried. It wasn't far enough along to require any surgery and she seems to be taking the situation very well. There is a lot of healing to be done, but the hardest days are behind.

Well, with everything that happened last week, I'm just going to lay low and try to be a good friend. I'm emotionally exhausted. I'm pretty sure I blew my interview. I'm really bummed because I had been looking forward to it for weeks, but my head just wasn't there. I'll just have to see what happens. In the meantime, I already have plans B and C in line.

I love spring and summer because it is always a time for change and adventure in my life. I come out of winter hibernation ready for new challenges. This year is no different. Over the next few months, I'll have a new job, new friends, and new home. There are also the numerous outdoor festivals, camping, hiking, and kayaking trips. Of course I am going to Cali to visit family, and this year I'm even going to do a little outdoor top-rope (that's rock climbing). I figured I might as well give this blog a overhaul too. Besides, I could use a mindless activity to take up a few hours. What do you think? Any bugs or suggestions? I'll also be shutting down shop over at 100 Things. I think one blog is more than enough. I'll keep it up until all past posts are re-posted here. After that, you can only find me on one channel :)

Heads Turned for: "Happy Monday!"

 

Blogger Scott said ... (9:57 AM) : 

Well it sounds like you went through quite the weekend. Glad to hear that you are doing okay.

Sounds like a good summer coming up for you though. Where do you kayak?

Scott

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

Well, after rain there is always some sunshine...so hopefully things will get better soon.
Btw: nice layout :)

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (12:25 PM) : 

I am so sorry about all the trials you went through last week. Words cannot express the sorrow I share with you.

There are some things that cannot be explained, and we will go crazy if we try to figure them out. I know.

When I was nine months pregnant with my daughter, I was stabbed 17 times and left for dead by an intruder. Miraculously, my daughter and I survived. My son, who was 10 at the time, witnessed the whole thing about three feet away.

It wasn't our time. We have moved on with our lives. Two men are serving long prison sentences. Of course, we've had our challenges, but we don't give the enemy the victory. God is good!

Take care of yourself, my friend. As for that job interview, write a thank-you note, if you haven't already. If there is anything you want to emphasize, add, whatever, now is the time to do it. Don't count yourself out yet! And look ahead for other job interviews. You will get hired. It is predestined.

My prayers are with you and your friends. You are a beautiful spirit, and you bring so much sunshine to the lives of so many people. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

BTW, I love your new site design. It's awesome!

Have a great week!

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (2:57 PM) : 

I am glad you are doing OK after all that-I know I'd be a wreck.

You are in my thoughts . . .

P.S. LOVE the new template

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:12 AM) : 

So sad.

The new layout is womderful!

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Despite all the horror around you, you sound like you're doing remarkably well. With so much turmoil, make sure to be patient with yourself. I'm glad you have things to look forward to.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:10 AM) : 

There are some sick, wicked persons...sorry animals out there! I hope they have caught the right person and he get's the full punishment of the law.

Oh, New layout! Cool!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Scott:
I've done all my kayaking in Maryland. I would love to take an out of state trip though. I met someone a few weeks ago that does extended trips, so this might be the summer I get my chance.

DCS:
Wow, thanks for sharing your story. You are an amazing person, I can hear the peace in your writing. That is amazing to have after what you went through.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Unfortunatley, it is earth-shattering things like this that really put our lives into perspective. The way you described the still-born baby being buried in the mother's arms was heartbreaking yet beautiful.

It's good that you are intending to be a good friend. Your friends are awesome to have someone like you to lean on.

 

Blogger kathi said ... (5:42 PM) : 

I'm so sorry for the hardness around you lately. I wish there were answers for things that we question. I hope you find things to make you smile today.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (7:11 PM) : 

I hope you had a better week this week! Love the new place.

 

Blogger Clay said ... (9:47 PM) : 

yeah - it sounds pretty heavy and I hope this weekend will be better

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (11:43 AM) : 

I'm so late...:(

But I love this new look:)

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (2:10 PM) : 

Happy Friday now babes!

 

Blogger Waddie G. said ... (11:41 PM) : 

I love your new blog design...very sexy...heads will turn...

 

post a comment