Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend Recap

Look, I'm blogging before Thursday! Are you proud of me? ;)

Well, I had an awesome weekend, although nothing went as planned.....

The plan for Friday: mountain bike by day, party downtown by night. What actually happened: I awoke to a gloomy, rainy morning. After talking to my friend, it was decided that the bike trip was off. Perfect, I could curl back into bed. And curl back into bed I did. There is nothing like waking to an alarm only to discover you can sleep as long as you want. I snuggled up in my comforter and was sound asleep in mere seconds. I slept until my back started to hurt, then I slept some more. Finally, Trek had enough of my laziness and demanded he be taken out. After walking the dog and eating a ridiculously big breakfast, I did what I do most rainy days - I went shopping. I picked up a cute blazer, a button down top, a gift for Steph, some socks,

this ring (sorry, best pic I could get - it's cool, take my word for it),

and these shoes. I'm not a big shoe person but I absolutely LOVE these shoes! By the time my shopping trip was concluded it was bright and sunny out - figures! I took myself out for a late lunch and then headed home during a beautiful sunset.

The fun doesn't stop there. However, the pictures do. See, there is the little matter of this:

My battery charger. It is quite a simple process actually. After using the camera, place batteries into charger and go to sleep. Put batteries back into camera in the morning. Had I done that the last time I used my camera, I'd have a ton of fun pictures from this weekend. But nooooooooooooo, I didn't. And my camera died. Okay, back to the story. Fast forward to late evening. I showered and after three outfit changes, headed over to a friend's place. Remember, the plan was to head downtown. Well, somewhere between our phone conversation and the 30 minute drive to her place, the plan changed. Now we were going to drive another 45 minutes and hit the bars in Annapolis. Now, if you'll recall, I didn't exactly like the bars I went to last time I was there. But I made the best of it and ended up having a good time anyway. Plus, it gave me something to blog about. So, off to Annapolis we went. I ended up having a really awesome time - great atmosphere and company. We hit several bars but ended up spending most of the night at Ram's Head where someone rang up a $60 bar tab! Hey, they have good beer. And you can get it by the pitcher! :) I met an awesome guy who spends his summers on various outdoor trips - we exchanged numbers. I also met up with my drunk ass H.S. friend who had been at happy hour since six - keep in mind I didn't get there until 11pm. Drunk ass is an understatement actually - but it was funny. After last call we took my drunk friend home and then hit up Double T Diner. Yum! French toast and eggs at 2am is amazing stuff let me tell you. I was in heaven. It was the perfect conclusion to the night.

The plan for Saturday: wake up early to go hiking, lunch, run errands, late night girl talk and art projects. What actually happened: Woke up late. Lounged around in PJs until nearly one. Last minute decision to hike in Loch Raven resulted in never finding an actual trail and listening to the county firing range - not exactly the best way to enjoy nature. But it was good company and good conversation where we compiled a list of all the art/music/outdoor trips/activities to be done this summer. After our "hike", we went out for lunch. You'd think we hadn't had a bite in years. Between the three of us, we rang up a $100 food bill. We had salads, lobster, crab legs, and filets. Yum! After lunch, I ran errands with a friend. I went home to shower and never made it back out of the house for girl talk and art projects.

The plan for Sunday: sleep late, go to work, endure a slow shift of 10% tips, miss Easter dinner with the family. What actually happened: Well, everything pretty much went according to plan: sleep, work, bad tips.... However, my Mom saved the day! There was Filet Mignon, rice, and veggies left for me from Easter dinner. A couple minutes in the microwave, and I was enjoying Easter dinner with my family (even though I was the only one eating and it was in the living room watching TV- minor details). I was even able to hang out with my brother a bit before he had to go back to school.

This weekend was much needed: I had fun without a drop of drama (unless of course you count the 17 phone calls from a crazy ex-co-worker - yes, 17, I just counted). I made a big decision - I'm moving downtown at the end of the summer. I'm not taking the job my Dad wanted to hook me up with. Instead, I'm going to apply for another job. It will still be more than a teacher salary - but not a HUGE salary enough to tempt me from not following my dreams. I really bonded with a new friend in my life and did a lot of catching up with some old ones. I have some exciting trips and activities in store for the summer (which I need to put in writing lest I forget anything). I've also decided NOT to tell Mr. Right to go f*^k himself should he come along. Actually, I'll just ask him to be my friend. One can never have too many good friends. I still have quite a bit to get figured out, but less left up in the air. It feels good.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Weekend Recap"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:02 AM) : 

I just learned in my class: planning is important but it never works the way you wanted it to :)
BUt either way you seemed to have fun and made the best out of it.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (6:18 AM) : 

You should come out west to teach.

What are you looking at teaching?

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (6:20 AM) : 

Would you mind sending me a friend invite on myspace. My link is on my blog.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:00 AM) : 

Sounds like a roller coaster weekend, some disappointments and some happy fun fillied moments.

I lost one of my rechargeable batteries this weekend. But, I was able to charge two, which served be well. I took some pics over the weekend. I posted some of them on my blog.

 

Blogger Scott said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Congratulations on the big decision. i am with you 100%. It will be fun to make your way ahead.

Sounds like it was still a pretty nice weekend.

Scott

 

Blogger Johnnie Avocado said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Brea,
Have fun mountain biking...where do you go Loch Raven or Avalon?

 

Blogger Miz JJ said ... (1:18 PM) : 

I think you'll have more fun in the city.

 

Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said ... (1:23 PM) : 

hey Babygirl, You hate me don't cha?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Sometimes things don't work out the way you plan, but heck, it brings out a lot of surprises. =)

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (2:01 PM) : 

Things NEVER go as planned, do they? I used to be one of those anal retentive people who liked to stick to an itinerary, but heck no.

Nifty shoes. It looks like you had a good time on your shopping spree. I love buying rings, too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

mmm... sounds like an interesting week. That pic of the sunset is really nice. So whats ure salary again??? ;)

 

Blogger kathi said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I loved the picture of the sunset, really gorgeous.
What a great weekend! I'm nearly jealous for those days...okay, not nearly...I am jealous. :) So nice to hear you so happy and having such a great time! Thanks for sharing with us.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (7:06 PM) : 

wow, now that's a weekend.

I especially loved the sleep late, shop, and lots of eating...that's the best kind of day.

I think it's hilarious when people go to happy hour around 5 or 6 and end up being there until the club/bar closes.

I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend, lady! I hope you've had a wonderful week and hooraaaaay...tomorrow is Friday, so have another wonderful weekend!

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Girl you wore me out. Sounds like a great weekend to me. Well rounded fun, sleep and shopping. That's great! Now it's time to do it all again...

 

Blogger sassinak said ... (2:53 PM) : 

1. moving downtown always rocks

2. *waves* from a fellow climber... i'm getting outside more this summer too!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Friar Tuck:
Special education

Scott:
Thanks for the encouragement!

Johnnie Avacado:
Loch Raven

Sassinak:
Downtown does rock! Awesome you are a climber!

 

post a comment