Tuesday, October 25, 2005

About 45 minutes ago...

. . . I was sitting in my room, listening to music, burning a candle, and enjoying the sound of the rain. Then Trek started whining for his late night walk. As we walked in the wind and the rain, I realized how cold and miserable it is outside. I tell ya, I love this dog. There is nothing else on this planet that can get me to walk 30 minutes out in this weather - nothing. Over the last couple of weeks, I have been considering giving away my dog. He is a big dog and I thought he might be happier on a farm with lots of property to explore. My life is busy and I'm always concerned that he is not receiving enough attention. But right now, I know his place is with me. Not a day goes by where I don't ensure he gets in a good romp. Our weekends are spent at the park or on a hiking trail. Also, he's EXTREMELY slow to warm up to new people, if at all - who knows if if he will ever truly attach to another owner. He trusts me to brush his teeth, clean his ears, and bathe him. When I'm on the computer, he does his best to lay his big ass across my lap. After getting my attention, he curls up under my feet. It seems like such a small thing, but this daily ritual is a big part of my life. Even our nightly walks are important to me. I couldn't sleep at night not sure he was warm and happy. So, Trek will not be living on a farm. He will spend the rest of his days with me. And so my late night walks in all the elements will continue...

This weekend wasn't terribly exciting, but it was nice. I spent a lot of time with the "girls", did some shopping, and ate some good food. Sunday night, Stephanie, her friend Patty and I made a traditional Malaysian dish. I have forgotten what it is called but all the preparation was worth it - yummy!

Here is a pic of all the garnishes. (Posted by Picasa)
I spoke with Yoni on Saturday. He finishes the project that has delayed our "talk" for so many weeks at the end of the month. So all my anxiety was for naught. There is still plenty of time for that come November. I have exactly a week to figure out what I need out of our "talk". It is times like this I wish life were scripted. Ah well...
I am completely and totally done with the bar guy. What a freakshow he turned out to be. Sad thing is, he doesn't see how incredibly disrespectful and inappropriate he was. Yuck! It's sad what it took for me to finally get him out of my life. I've known for well over a month he needed to be given the royal boot. Loneliness will make you do some crazy things - glad that is over. Dear God, please let me learn a lesson from all this.
Well, I'm tired and my tummy hurts (ate half a bag of cookies and a couple of donuts before the day was over, gluttony at its worst) - I'm off to bed. Night all!
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "About 45 minutes ago..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 AM) : 

As long as you got your dog you never will be alone. He might understand you once a while mujch better then humans can do and just be there for you. And I think you are right: giving the dog away wouldn't only hurt you but the dog as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:01 AM) : 

girl, you make me miss my babies so much.... i used to have my baby doggies with me, but they're with my parents back home now... yup, i do exactly the same thing as you. no matter how miserable the weather outside, i still walked them... *sigh* i really miss my doggies now...

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (9:30 AM) : 

"Loneliness will make you do some crazy things ..."

Ain't that the truth.

 

Blogger Michele said ... (12:03 PM) : 

Oh Brea, what a great story about your dog. I have the best dog in the world (next to yours, of course!), and I don't engage her nearly as much as I should (bad, bad me!), yet she is still loyal, obedient, and always wants a treat and a good romp and play at the drop of a hat. She is so resilient and forgiving. Trek is sooo blessed to have you. I believe he belongs with you. At one time, I'd thought about putting my dog in a home with some kids. She LOVES people...just adores them, and she loves to play and run with kids (which we don't have yet, but are praying really hard for!). But then, I just felt I couldn't do it. So I totally understand your heart. Oh, thank you for turning me on to 43 things! I have two blogs (count them...TWO!), and I added it on the sidebar of my other blog (testimonyandtruth.blogspot.com). I even added pics (yay me!)...You are a good influence, and I really like your blog a lot. You're just a gem. I can tell. :)

Peace,
Bay

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Awww, Trek has a good mommy. He would miss you if you gave him away!

Malaysian food? Sounds good to me!

"Loneliness will make you do some crazy things"

You said one then.

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:29 PM) : 

It was so nice to hear about the life connection between Trek and you. I would suggest that if you can, please donot give him away...

I can wonder what excess of Chocolate can do to your tummy. Still, I have added a Brownie Box in the post for you.

Do accept it as my birthday treat...

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (3:34 PM) : 

Whatever happens Brea... and no matter how difficult walking Trek becomes... just remember... HE DOESN'T SNORE!!!!

*hugs here*

congrats on the malaysian food! and thanks for the idea...!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:40 PM) : 

Sorry bar guy was a freak show?

What did he do?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Pets make the best companions when you are lonely. And yet they seem to have this sense when you are sad and they can comfort you in a way that no human being can. It's strange but wonderful.

Those garnishes look delish! =) It's a Malaysian dish, eh? =) Malaysian food is goooooooooooooood. =)

Sorry to hear about the freak show bar guy.. he's not the guy who snores, is it? o_O;;

 

Blogger Edz said ... (9:14 PM) : 

Hey Brea, sorry for the bar guy. Now you understand why your mummy told you not to go out with bar-guys. Actually the ones that you meet at the library are the worst.
Where is a safe place to meet a safe guy?

 

Blogger Rose said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Giving Trek away will break his heart. I did that once with my retriever and she didn't handled it well. Sadly, she died before she moved on the farm. Sorry! I didn't want to give her up but had no choice, the police kept bringing her home and she was too big and eating up our home. But now that I have Ebony, I will never give her away. She provides me with peace and with her I am never alone.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (3:02 AM) : 

Kat:
You couldn't have said it better - sometimes just having him there is exactly what I need. And yes, I think it would be best for him to stay with the owner he has attached to. Thanks, your comments help make me more confident about my decision.

'Ka:
Awww, at least you can always visit!

Goddess:
Unfortunately, yes. I just hope those days are over. And since you know what I mean, I hope those days are over for you too!!

Baysuite:
You are so sweet, thanks!

Storm:
Awww, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully that cute little Yorkie is helping to fill the void.

Envizable:
Chewing down trees?! Wow, I'm glad Trek's chew anything and everything stage is long over! Trees?! My, my, you have quite some dogs on your hands!

Little Princess:
Trek is much like a cat, in that he will only snuggle when it is his idea - lol. Cute story about your kitten :)

Brownsoul:
Yup, yup, yup, and yup!

Hasan Mubarak:
"life connection" - never really thought of it that way, but I think you are absolutely right. Oh and chocolate accepted :)

Asian Smiles:
LMAO!!!! Yeah, if he snored he would have been loooong gone - lol. Thanks for the hug and you are welcome for the idea - hope you enjoy!

Don Juan de Bubba:
Don't even get me started. Upon telling my 2 best friends, their reactions were: "What?!" "Oh my God, are you serious?!" "That is sick!" "What a creep!", ect. Take my word for it, he is bad news.

Marz:
Trek can definitely sense when I'm sad - I'm so lucky to have him! The food was fantastic! The bar guy IS the one who snores - no more sleepless nights for me. And to think, I slept on the couch for him! Blech.

Edz:
Yeah, should have listened to my mother, would have saved me a lot of grief! I'm hoping a good place to meet a good guy is on a backpacking trip (hint, hint) *wink* I've been told coffee houses are a good place to meet quality men. Let me know if you find the answer to your question - I'll do the same ;)

DIVA:
You are welcome sweetheart. The pact is made - no more fools. And yes, dogs do take a lot of time, especially one Trek's size! Maybe somewhere down the line you will be able to get your own little pug.

Rose:
So sad about the Golden. I know I'm making the right decision. I'm glad you found a dog that fits your family so well.

 

post a comment