Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Zzzzzzzz

Catching some zzzzz last night was hard work! I think anyone married to a snorer should be given a congressional medal or something. How do you do it? I couldn't even stand one night of it! I've spent many a night with this guy since June and not once did I have this problem. But last night, after I was already up until 2am doing homework, this guy sounded like a got damn train yard! Maybe I'm just grumpy when I'm tired but it took every ounce of my being not boot his ass off the bed! I tried shifting him on his side. He'd stop snoring and then I'd get to settling in. Then he'd shift and start snoring again! This went on for about twenty minutes all ending in the same result. Then I tried turning away from him with a pillow over my head to muffle the noise. Not only did it not help but I then noticed the bed shakes with each snore. Instead of using the pillow to then smother his ass, I decided to take it downstairs and sleep on the couch. I could still hear the snoring, so I went back upstairs and pulled the door shut. Ok, can I get some sleep now? Nope. Then I notice the loud ticking of the hallway clock and the chirping of the damn smoke detector (battery needs to be changed). I don't consider myself a light sleeper but I just couldn't get to sleep to save my life. I finally started to drift off and then the damn coo-coo clock goes off. Are you fucking kidding me?! I seriously contemplated sleeping in the basement or my car. Needless to say, I am tired and bitchy. I feel sorry for the fool that pisses me off today!
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Zzzzzzzz"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Snoring can be so enyoing! It's the worst what can happen to you...happily my boyfriend doesn't snore at all. But I know those sleepless nights - just a paon!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:13 PM) : 

from the sounds of it we need a new post about who is new in your love life. is this bar guy?

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (3:58 PM) : 

That's true Don Juan. Brea must have been holding out. You holding out Brea?

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (8:11 PM) : 

Hahahaha! I'm a snorer big time. Well sometimes especially after a beer. I'll have to do a cartoon on that sometime.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:30 PM) : 

That was really funny to me I know not you...I can feel your pain....

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (1:01 AM) : 

I have sleep apnia. Thus I would snore until I would stop breathing. Then I would wake up and gasp for air. This would happen about every thirty seconds.

Snoring is a sign of a lack of oxygen of some sort. Although it does not always go to the point of sleep apnia.

These days I have a CPAP machine so I do not snore, but I dread when I get married and have to sleep next to someone and have to put that ugly ass thing on every night. It has a series of bands not disimilar to the headgear for a catchers mask on back, and then a nose covering that forces air through to my lungs so I can sleep breathing and without snoring...

I know...TMI.

I am moving on now....

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (1:05 AM) : 

Ok one other thing.

Do you know why is is hard next to someone who is snoring. Because of the phenomenon of entrainment. When we are in more intimate circumstances we tend to adjust our life rhythms to them. So it is not the noise that generally keeps people from sleeping as much as it is when people sleep next to one another they generally learn to breathe together.

It is the same thing that happens with women live together and generally get to the point where they all have their period at the same time.

Another random fact from Friar Tuck

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (1:17 AM) : 

Okay, I'm sorry that you didn't get any sleep, but this is just funny!

Okay, so now I can understand being kept awake by a snorer or some other noise, but check this:

I can't sleep when there is another person in my bed. Even if they don't snore or move about...for some reason I'm just uncomfortable. It's like: "I hate to be mean, but sorry bruh; ya gots to go. I need my space."

I'm strange. What can I say?

 

Blogger The Humanity Critic said ... (2:04 AM) : 

lol I feel you, anyone who marries me should win a prize or something because my snoring is horrible.

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:57 AM) : 

I can just wish you much more snore-less nights!

Being sleepy and not being able to sleep is painful indeed...

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Snorers are lucky because they are deep sleeper, no, I dont snore.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:34 AM) : 

LOL. Just not your night. There a acouple of nights when every sound bothers me while trying to sleep. I hate sleeping beside someone who snore. I try turning them, if that doesn't work, one ratid lik dem get.

 

Blogger Abreu, Jorge said ... (12:55 PM) : 

Hey I hardly ever snore but when I get smashed... It's over... Good thing my girl's not bashful about lacing me with a few fresh ones to shut my ass up. I wake up dumb quick like "WTF is going on here?"

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (5:04 PM) : 

I'm just cracking up because I know you're serious. I'm the same way too when it comes to sleep and getting enough. I pray everyone proceeds with caution.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

I hate those kinda days. U just gotta drink lots of tea and take deep breaths... Going to bed early helps too... =)

 

Blogger No_the_game said ... (12:41 AM) : 

Brea,

Once upon a time I was so crazy about this guy. When I saw him first time I was like I got to have this guy all my life. Right? Oh no, I think after spending a night with him I realized our relationship got to be one night stand. He was snoring as if he is ghost chaser :)

I could not sleep all night :((

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Kat:
You have no idea what a bad night it was!

Don Juan de Bubba & Georgia Peach:
Look at you two - dishing for dirt! ;) No new love - just the bar guy.

DIVA:
Yeah, I definitely WILL NOT be marrying a snorer - NO WAY, NO HOW! "If a guy is going to snore and keep me up all night the sex had better be DAMN GOOD!!" LMAO. Agreed! ;)

Storm:
My sympathy is with you.

Brotha Buck:
You should get started on a medal for your wife - LOL!

Rose:
I don't mind a laugh at my expense ;)

Don Juan de Bubba:
Sorry about the sleep apnia - glad you found a solution. And thanks for the random fact :)

Brownsoul:
Glad you found it funny - I think... ;) I love to snuggle - so I loooove falling asleep in my partner's arms. But I guess to each his own. "sorry bruh; ya gots to go" LMAO - girl you are a trip!

The Humanity Critic:
Perhaps you and Brotha Buck can get working on those medals together. Or you can just marry another snorer ;)

Hasan Mubarak:
Thanks!

Shirazi:
Lucky their spouses don't beat them in the middle of the night!

Stunner:
It was a rough night indeed!

Little Princess:
Luckily, there were no fools ;)

Curious1:
LMAO - go her!!

Princess Dominique:
DEAD serious! LOL!

Crude:
My dumb ass went to a party last night - I am sooooo tired!

No the Game:
I'm of the same opinion, if you snore, you have got to go. It's weird b/c I have never noticed he snores before - hopefully it was an exception or he will be getting the royal boot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I wasn't intending on asking about the man in your life but since people are speculating, I might as well join in.

Sorry to hear about your lethargy. It's hard when people snore and then too many other distractions compound. Hope things look up in future sleeps. Or try to talk to your guy about it. =)

 

Blogger Brea said ... (10:50 PM) : 

Marz:
There isn't a new man in my life - just the bar guy.

JazeGma2:
I feel so sorry for you! Maybe the romance is what was missing the other night;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

i totally feel you, girl... my ex can snore really loud if he drank too much beer. arggghh....

an old friend of mine is big time snorer... seriously, he snores extremely loud. long time ago, when he lived in the dorm, he hardly had a roommate 'cuz no one could stand him. 1 of his ex roommates told me 'n other friends that on his 1st nite, he slept in the bath tub to get some sleep :D

 

Blogger Brea said ... (3:11 AM) : 

'Ka:
Is that why he is "ex"? ;)

 

post a comment