Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"B" is for Beautiful

Yeah the cold rain has continued, but today was absolutely beautiful in my little corner of the world.
The morning was beautiful. I had no classes today so I slept in, made myself a fantastic breakfast (my favorite meal of the day), took a long hot shower, did laundry, played tug-o-war with Trek, and got a good start on a project that is due next week. By 2pm, I felt like I had already accomplished so much! Beautiful.
My commute to work was beautiful. I am so fortunate to be able to take the back roads to school and work. I travel down winding roads surrounded by trees, pass by farms, and cross over a reservoir - I am going to have to stop and take pictures one day. With the fall colors, the ride is absolutely breath taking. Beautiful.
Work was beautiful. My last table left me a $50 tip. He said I did a great job taking care of him and his "pain in the ass" friends. I didn't find them the slightest bit irritating, but I sure wasn't going to argue the tip. The rest of my tables were loving me tonight as well and I ended up making as much as I usually do on a Saturday night. That money will be well spent at the REI attic sale this weekend. I mean.... tuition, gas, insurance, savings... ;) Beautiful.
My ride home was beautiful. On my way home I spoke with Jess, Katie, Christina, Neil, Stephanie, and my brother. I was able to shoot the shit with Jess, Katie & Christina, wish Stephanie happy birthday, and make plans for Thursday with both my brother and Neil. Beautiful.
As Trek and I suited up for our late night walk in the rain, I couldn't help but laugh - our coats match. If I gave him to a farm, do you think they would put a raincoat on him? No, I think not. I stand by my decision to keep my dog - I just couldn't give him away to some farmer who would let my baby get wet.

Yeah, so I finally had to give up on trying to get Trek to pose for a picture! Posted by Picasa
And yes, I've already been told I take too many pics of my dog. Deal with it. In fact, here's another one:

This is my favorite pic of Trek & I - it was taken on our first day together. It's a scanned image, sorry about the quality. I adopted him at 8 months. He was supposed to stay that small. Look at those paws, I should have known better!! 45 lbs later, I wouldn't change a thing :0) Posted by Picasa
The capitol BEAUTIFUL goes to how I feel right now. I feel a great sense of relief. I don't have to deal with how the bar guy made me feel anymore, I'm at peace with how my talk with Yoni will go, I feel I am doing the right thing by keeping my dog, school is going great, and my friends are awesome. For the first time in a long time, I feel like everything is right in my little corner of the world. BEAUTIFUL.
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: ""B" is for Beautiful"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 AM) : 

He's a cute dog. I probaly would have done the same with the money: spend the money for sports ;-)

 

Blogger Michele said ... (7:06 AM) : 

Great pictures! My dog has that SAME chew toy, except in a different color! It's the only one that has been able to outlast her teeth, tugging and pulling. You're such a good dog mommy. You keep Trek all dry and warm. Beautiful. :)

Peace,
Bay

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (7:37 AM) : 

You are cute.

 

Blogger The Gig said ... (8:58 AM) : 

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST!! Just the right thing for anyone to read first thing in the morning. I will have to refer back to this post sometime if I happen to be having a stressful. I just love reading things like this post. And by the way, great pictures of your dog. If people think you are taking a lot of pictures of your dog, wait until you have a baby.

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (9:39 AM) : 

This post was beautiful!

You are so pretty and you and your dog look so cute together! :)

 

Blogger Brea said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Kat:
Outdoor gear and bags/purses are my weakness. Glad you agree the money will be well spent ;)

Baysuite:
You might want to check out www.mydogtoy.com I bought Trek a toy from there this summer and those things are indestructable. Not only that, they have multiple squeakers and float - which my dog loves!

Shirazi:
Thanks.

The Gig:
Glad to have brightened up your morning :) Oh yes, when I have my first child watch out, I will be a picture taking scrap making fool!!

Storm:
Agreed ;)

Goddess:
Awww, thanks.

Soft Spoken:
Glad you enjoyed :)

Professor Spex:
Hope you enjoyed the break, glad to have you back.

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (12:31 PM) : 

BBBB..

Beautiful Brea blogs Beautifully.

Too many pictures? Says who? lol.
I'm just so glad to see smiling pretty faces in your blog, and if I look as beautiful as you do, I'd post one pic everyday! Smiles are contagious and you're doing a great job in sharing your happiness with us..

More pics pleaaaaseeee!

I'm also glad you're enjoying your job! Great news! Kudos!

;)

 

Blogger Abreu, Jorge said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Good for you. Those nice tips always come in handy huh? Ya n ya dog look really happy together. Like the post. That's whassup.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (2:26 PM) : 

Excellent pictures. Glad that you are at peace and that you will keep Trek...and 50 plus dollars to, what a great thing...

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:32 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:34 PM) : 

Your account of this beautiful day made me feel 'beautiful'.

Me too glad for you being happy and smiling again. And yes for you looking beautiful with Trek...

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (2:52 PM) : 

Wow! Somebody had one heck of a day! I'm glad it was so nice...continue to enjoy it. You are beautiful...and so is Trek!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (4:01 PM) : 

I am happy for you

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Asian Smiles:
Awww, thanks! You are so sweet to me.

Curious1:
Unexpected money is always a good thing. And yes, we are happy, thanks :)

Rose:
Yeah, it was a great day :)

Hasan Mubarak:
Glad to help you feel beautiful.

Brownsoul & Don Juan de Bubba:
Thanks!

 

post a comment