Friday, October 28, 2005

A little costume help?

Yeah well, my breasts are still sore and after the workout I did yesterday, so is everything else. I also think I have aggravated an old track injury in my right knee. My goodness, are you supposed to fall apart at 24?

First was climbing with Neil. Unlike Brian, he has no mercy. His philosophy is: if you don't consistently attempt routes above your skill level, you'll never get any better. Now, I am all about challenging myself, but every route?! I could swear my legs were shaking at one point. I completed every route I tried, but it was NOT pretty. I ended up hitting my head on a pipe at the end of my last climb, a clear sign I had had enough. Neil yells after I already hit my head, "Watch out there is a pipe there!" Very funny.
After climbing, I met up with my brother and his roomie at the gym. They were lifting. I decided to get in the mix, with no thought to how I'd feel the next day. I should kick my own ass for that. Now, I can count the number of times I've been to the gym on one hand. I'd much rather get my exercise doing activities that cause knee injuries. **sigh** But I found the free weight workout challenging and enjoyable. Perhaps it was because my brother and I turned it into a competition. He with huge weights, me with.... 5lb. weights. **blushing** It was fun talking shit while we were doing sets together: "Why are you grimacing? What's the problem? That wasn't so hard." Oh, I was having fun! Then we moved on to the bench press. If free weights was entertaining, the bench press was damn near hilarious! I bench pressed the bar (hey that sucker weighs 45 lbs.). I only did one set because I couldn't stop laughing at myself. Here are all these huge guys bench pressing who knows how much weight, and here I am the only girl on that side of the gym, bench pressing the bar. My brother kept telling me to stop laughing before I hurt myself. I couldn't help it. The bar was swaying all over the place as I laughed through the entire set. I never thought the gym could be so fun! Good times.

After the gym, I went costume shopping with my brother and two of his friends. I'm doomed. My last minute antics have failed me again, there was nothing left. I was invited to two parties on Saturday and we are dressing up at the restaurant on Monday then heading out to Fells Point afterward. I am soooo screwed!! I could dress up like a "sexy fill-in-the-blank" like all the other "original costumes" females come up with this time of year. But I don't need a holiday as an excuse to dress like a slut. Besides, I wear short skirts all the time and don't feel the need to catch pneumonia by wearing one this time of year. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years; I think I am getting too old for this! Besides, I'm just not creative when it comes to this type of thing. See? Doomed.

Yesterday, after dropping Trek at the groomer, I didn't feel like waiting for my car to be serviced. I ended up crawling back into bed. I got absolutely nothing done yesterday. So, guess what I'm doing today? That's right, cleaning WITH "my little helper":

He's already been such a big help...


The bandanna says it all!
Posted by Picasa
I think I have come up with the solution for my costume dilemma. I'll just go late to the party after everyone has already consumed plenty of alcohol. Then, when I tell them I am dressed like a procrastinator, they will think it is pure genius. Sounds like a plan. However, I still need to come up with something for Monday...
I'm considering this a four-day weekend, those are always good:
  • Friday: clean, work, hit the bars
  • Saturday: REI attic sale, lunch with friends, party
  • Sunday: recover from alcohol poisoning, take Trek to the doggy beach, sit around and do nothing, possible late evening trip back to the bars
  • Monday: maybe go to class (I highly doubt it b/c I don't think anyone is going to show up), go to work (hopefully I will have a stroke of genius and come up with a costume, or someone will give me a good idea **hint, hint**), join the craziness in Fells Point (after plenty of drinks b/c it is going to be freeeeezing)
Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend - I know I am!
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "A little costume help?"

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (4:06 PM) : 

HAHAHA I feel like I'm fallin' apart at 23!

Trek is so adorable...just too cute.

I have no good costume ideas. I've considered foxy brown (pam grier...not the ill nana rapper).

Have a great weekend, Brea!

 

Blogger crallspace said ... (5:12 PM) : 

What a cute dog, and cotton mess.

I am 24 and some days it feels like the falling apart is starting to find its way in. People in their 30s say that is the real intro to pain.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (5:18 PM) : 

Costume ideas:

a nun
a clown
a sailor girl (maybe get a seamans outfit at the surplus store)
a bumble bee
a fairy princess
father time (beard/robe/bunch of clocks)
a jester

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (5:20 PM) : 

with your slim build you could be a martinti. Just get one of those doggy radar dish thingies,

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (10:47 PM) : 

Everytime I read one of your posts, I get more and more interested in find out about climbing.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:33 AM) : 

I absolutely love Trek..He is so handsome..Have a great weekend...get some rest too cause with all that climbing and bench pressing I'm real tired now.....

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (2:48 AM) : 

Dropped in to say this: Have a nice week end. Hi, slow down a lil ;-)

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (12:14 PM) : 

Brea, you sound like a good sport and a lot of fun. I have never dressed up for Halloween so I wouldn't know what to tell you about the costume. I'm sure it will all work out though. Have fun and party on!

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:19 PM) : 

I am dressing up as Homer Simpson

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (8:57 AM) : 

You are so full of energy girl...

 

Blogger Raheel Lakhani said ... (10:07 AM) : 

interesting bandana!!

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (10:41 AM) : 

Darnit! if Trek ain't growing on me girl:)

He is the cutest in that bandanna...:)

Weekend almost over...enjoy your week:)

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (2:17 PM) : 

Will wait for the news - what costume did u use? ;)

 

Blogger The Gig said ... (7:56 PM) : 

What a cute post and a great picture of Trek. You are too cute. It looks like Clint is really trying to help you out.

Have a great weekend. I hope to see you add -- "going to church" on your weekly schedule. *hugs to you*

 

Blogger Brea said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Everyone:
Trek says thank you for the compliments. And thanks for the costume ideas and well wishes for the weekend - you are all so sweet to me!! :)

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (1:46 AM) : 

very interesting blog have you got, I couldnt stop myself to link your blog with mine.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Nice dog costume. I didn't have any good constume ideas to offer because I couldn't think of any for myself. Although, I did go to this wonderful Lebanese restaurant with a friend. I guess that was my treat for Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by the blog. It's always nice to hear from you.

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (4:33 PM) : 

That is a cute dog and I love the bandana...no excuse for my behavior...too funny! I know some grown folks who need to wear that Brea!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

oh my... trek is adorable!!!! :D

i still find people who go to the gym amazing.... 'cuz somehow i just don't like gym at all... :D i'll do other activities, as long as not in the gym.... so, i gotta say.. you're amazing :D

 

Blogger courtney said ... (9:10 PM) : 

lol @ the bandana...lol

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (11:22 PM) : 

From all the pictures I've seen here so far, I don't see how you could consider giving up Trek! He appears to be a doll!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:22 AM) : 

LOL!!! You certainly enjoyed yourself!

 

post a comment