Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Usual

Random shit in the life of me.
So, while I'm no longer anxious about my talk with Yoni, I still feel like I should figure out what I want before our talk. Last time he wanted to talk, he was trying to get me back. I'll quote from my June post as a refresher:
He talked the entire way [home]: he loves me, he misses me, he thinks about me everyday, he's changed, he realizes what I was trying to tell him, he'll never find anyone like me and on and on. I just let him talk. This was a complete 360. I had to pull teeth to get him to share his feelings when we were together and here he is talking for an hour straight! I wonder if my jaw was hanging open . . . I didn't say much at all. I told him I still care about him and that I miss him too and that was it. After all the energy I spent getting over our break-up, that's all I had to give.
Last time it took me by surprise - I'm not letting that happen again. I know what to expect, but what do I want? Hell if I know. Didn't have it figured out then, don't have it figured out now. Perhaps I should make a pros and cons list or something...
And now for a little TMI: my breasts hurt. I haven't worn a bra in going on five days. I like to let my girls breathe every chance I get. I figured with the multiple layers I have been wearing, I didn't really need to wear a bra. I have a small chest too, I did all my breast development on the first day of puberty, I just don't understand the soreness. I guess even my little girls need support. Guess what I'm wearing tomorrow...
This week I am not going a single day without talking about Trek, so here goes. Today we went to the dog park. An older woman came in with 2 little Datsuns. I was so proud of Trek. They were constantly yapping and getting under his feet. I wanted to punt the little fuckers but he was so nice to them. Perhaps I could learn a lesson of tolerance from this? Nah.
These fall nights are getting damn chilly. I think the hand that was holding the leash tonight went numb for a minute. Perhaps it is time to bust out the winter gear. I'm not complaining though. It looks like the cold weather is driving business at the restaurant as everyone fattens up for the winter - I made bank again tonight. Whatever the reason, I'll take it - this tuition refuses to pay itself. Trust me, I already asked.
Ya know, I really need to learn how to go to bed at a decent hour. Especially since I have to get up early tomorrow to take care of my babies - Trek to the groomer, my car for scheduled maintenance. After dropping off the kids, I'll probably crawl back into bed although I should get some cleaning done - it is much easier without the pitter patter of big feet. We'll just have to see...

So today I was once again asked what has become a familiar question: why do you blog? Humph - I never have a good answer. It started as an emotional outlet. Now I think it is more of a daily journal, which serves as an outlet on an as needed basis. It is hard to explain to someone who doesn't blog. Why do you blog?

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "The Usual"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Wlecome to the cold. Here in Germany it is getting rainy and fresher as well...winter is not far away anymore.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:30 AM) : 

Kat:
I cannot believe I am still awake to respond to this - insomnia anyone? Anyway... Is it spring yet?

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:58 AM) : 

I talk about blogging stuff to other people and I feel like they think I am like Kip from Napolean D...talking online to babes all day. For me it started out as a way to improve my writing skills and develop a daily writing discipline. It has developed into something a little social as well.

As for the TMI stuff...not worried about it...except for when you talked about it being chilly and needing to dress warmer guess where my mind went.....

**hangs head in shame*** sorry

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (3:10 AM) : 

We, here in Pakistan, usually celebrate the arrival of Winter because of the burning summer lasting for more than 7 months a year...

But this time around, I don't feel that way any more. It is because I know how disastrous this chilly winter can be for millions of displaced and shelterless people up in the Northern parts of my country...

 

Blogger Michele said ... (11:29 AM) : 

On blogging: I keep getting this crazy idea that my silly life will make a difference. To someone.

Peace,
Bay

 

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I blog to express myself. It is a great feeling when people can relate to what your are feeling, it gives me inner strength because i'm not alone in my journey.

Love your blog!

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (5:24 PM) : 

I blog to express myself too. I hope one day to be able to look back and see what I was doing in 2005 and laugh at myself..lol!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:26 PM) : 

I blog to share a piece of my life with others and to vent my anger at things that upset me. Blogging is cool.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:19 PM) : 

I blog to relieve stress. It really helps. For that little pain you have, if it continues with support have it checked out. I won't comment on Yoni. Go with your heart and intuition.

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (9:59 PM) : 

I don't like wearing a bra, either. It's a little more noticeable when I go without one, though. To call myself endowed would be a grand understatement. Yours haven't grown since the first day of puberty, mine haven't stopped growing.

Seriously, they haven't.

Anyway, I started blogging to keep a record of my progress toward becoming a professional musician. I wanted to chronicle every step so that young hopefuls who come behind me might pick up helpful tools and not have to start completely from scratch like I am. Somehow, my blog morphed into a diary and a social outlet. Who knew? :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 PM) : 

Blogs should allow moments of TMI. =) Hehe! I have the same problem as you.. small chest yet the soreness still stands out. Boo. =(

Hm.. why do I blog? It started out for fun but when I realized that it's a good way to connect with people I kept on going. Plus it's a good emotional outlet and a good opportunity to do art (ie. make layouts). =P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 AM) : 

well, i started out as a way for me to learn php scripting... but now, it's more for fun... plus it's also fun/interesting to hear what others get to say... esp. some strong opinions :)

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (2:06 AM) : 

pulling teeth to get him to express his feelings....who hasn't been there?

"he realizes what I was trying to tell him, he'll never find anyone like me and on and on. I just let him talk."

HA! Been there....I get so angry though, when I hear "Drea, I hear what you're saying" and I'm so not getting heard!!!!

You can blog about Trek as much as you want...we all love him, now!

I blog because sometimes it's easier to express my feelings, and sometimes it's like getting away to another world when I got to my blog and read comments from all these people I don't know, but in some strange way consider friends...blog friends and fam.

Now for my TMI: I only let my girls breathe at home. I can't have every one staring at all the wiggling and jiggling.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Don Juan de Bubba:
Lol!

Hasan Mubarak:
That is very sad indeed. I often wonder how the homeless in our state and further north survive the winters. Fortunately, people are incredibly resourceful and resilient.

Baysuite:
Everyone makes a difference - everyone.

Tiffany:
I used to do that too. Now I tend to blog when I'm procrastinating from studying or can't sleep.

Storm:
I love your writing!

Unconquerable Soul:
Thanks for stopping by and a very good reason to blog.

Georgia Peach:
Yeah, looking at posts from last year already has that affect on me.

TeenLife 2005:
Glad you enjoy reading my nonsense ;) And yes, feel free to add me to your blogroll, I'd be honored.

Lady in Satin:
Not caring what others think has given me so much freedom. I think more people should give it a try. Good advice on my ex. Only trouble is, my inner voice is confused too! Awesome description of why you blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Stunner:
A very healthy way to vent anger - not to mention entertaining. Like the elevator and electricity posts - LMAO!

Rose:
Ah yes, blogging is a good stress reliever. It feels good just to get it all out. Intuition? Do I have that?

Goddess:
Man, I can't imagine what that is like! This is definitely where a happy medium would be nice for both of us. Too bad Mother Nature didn't see it that way!

Yup, blogging does have a social aspect, doesn't it? ;)

Marz:
Your layouts are awesome! Oh, and if you ever come to the U.S., you HAVE to decorate my room :)

'Ka:
Fun and interesting - sounds good to me.

Brownsoul:
It is like talking to a wall sometimes, isn't it? Men. Aww, Trek loves you too! I feel the same way about blogging. And I definitely cannot relate to your TMI but I can sympathize!

 

Blogger The Gig said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I blog because Brotha Buck turned me on to it. I had never heard of a blog before that, and I find that a lot of other people don't know what I'm talking about when I mention a blog to them. I enjoy it because I feel I have a lot of friends on the blog.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:48 PM) : 

The Gig:
You are lucky to have a son who keeps you up-to-date :) My parents wouldn't know how to do it no matter how hard I tried to explain it!

 

post a comment