Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Carving the Thanksgiving Pizza

We spent half an hour fighting over what type of pizza to make. I wanted veggie and he wanted meat. We finally resorted to a game of rock, paper, scissors. I won. Sweet victory! It would be veggie pizza for Thanksgiving dinner. In our hurried grocery shopping the night before, we had forgotten to pick up the mozzarella. So, we ended up having a cheeseless pizza for Thanksgiving. It tasted awful, but we were thankful we at least had each other.

Fortunately, none of that really happened. After hearing our parents had deserted us for Thanksgiving, we received several invites for dinner. My brother and I ended up going to my uncle's house where we ate until it hurt. Then we ate some more. As I was rolling around on the couch in pain, I thought, "Why did I do this to myself?" I'll tell you why. Because Thanksgiving only comes around once a year. That gives me 364 days to forget this pain. So after my breathing regulated and I could sit up straight again, I ate a piece of pie. **blushes** I knew I shouldn't eat another thing. I knew it! And I paid dearly on the two hour drive home. Gluttony at its worse. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Well, my birthday sucked for many, many reasons. Rather than recount the whole horror, I'll just show you a picture. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sleep...must...get...some...sleeeeeep Posted by Picasa

This weekend more than made up for it: I learned how to play the best drinking game ever, went to see a reggae band,

showed these guys how to dance,


spent QT with old and new friends,

and even got in some hiking. Posted by Picasa

And, as much as my Dad will deny he's grown fond of Trek, I couldn't help but notice he didn't bring back anything for his children (the very children he deserted on the biggest family holiday of the year), yet....

couldn't wait to give Trek his gift. Posted by Picasa

Well, the last three weeks of the semester are on my shoulders. As a result, I cannot vouch for the quality or quantity of my blogging until the semester is over. I hope everyone had a great holiday and thank you for the many happy birthday wishes!

Today on 100 Things: Mental Health

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Carving the Thanksgiving Pizza"

 

Blogger Jeni Angel said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Yea!

I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving.

And maybe the actual day of your b-day sucked, but you made up for it!

Happy Belated B-day!

 

Blogger crallspace said ... (2:31 PM) : 

Good ol Trek... looks like he is loving that gift!

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Great pictures!

ROFL about fighting for 30 minutes of what type of pizza to make! I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 PM) : 

Hehe...one reason to hate some holydays is the amount of food but somehow we never learn :-D
I can tell you about studying and the workload as well.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (3:44 PM) : 

Hope your holiday and Birthday brought you much peace and love. Good luck with your studies.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (7:28 PM) : 

you are cute even when you are tired.

Lucky ducky you.

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (8:07 PM) : 

Fun! Dude, were you driving being that tired? You looked half dead. Good times.

 

Blogger kathi said ... (11:00 PM) : 

You had me with the pizza, I'm so easy!
Girl, you are so cute! I'm glad your weekend made up for your birthday. Happy belated darlin!

 

Blogger Rose said ... (2:43 AM) : 

I love the way you tell stories with pictures. I think you and your brother are special with a blessed relationship. Glad your birthday finally lit up....

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (8:52 AM) : 

What a cute post! I love the fictitious story that you started off with, as well as the real story. And the photos are great. My philosphy on birthdays: Spread out the celebration over a month!
Enjoy the rest of your week. Thanks for making me laugh.

BTW, once you're finished with school, I'm counting on you to contribute to my education blog. I wish I could have you as a contributing writer now, but your plate is more than full. So I'll wait. Don't work too hard!

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Yay! I'm glad you got to do some holiday feasting.

Best wishes on your exams!

 

Blogger Leesa said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Sort of out there - but I loved the pics. What kind of camera did you take them with? And is it easy to use?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Wow, that is one great Thanksgiving that you had. It's good that your other relatives did you forget you, knowing that your mom and dad went off somewhere for the holidays. Then again, it's not surprising. I guess family operates like that. =)

Even your dog seemed happy with the passing holiday, lol. =D

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:07 PM) : 

Jeni Angel:
I sure did make up for it! Thanks hun!

Crallspace:
He was in heaven - lucky dog!

Brownsoul:
If we didn't get an invite - that is EXACTLY how it would have been!

Kat:
Here we are less than a week later and I'd do it all over again - you are right, I'll never learn! Good luck with your studies.

Nosthegametoo:
It did - thanks!

Don Juan de Bubba:
lol - thanks!

Anhoni Patel:
Yeah, I was driving. I had to pull over a couple of times. I was a mess!

Kathi:
Thank you!

Rose:
I love taking pictures - I love sharing them even more! And yes, I'm very thankful for our relationship.

DCS:
The whole month? Wow, I've got lots of celebrating to do! LOL!! Contibute? I don't think you need any help from me! But that might be fun after school is over, thanks for the invite :)

Goddess:
Thanks hun!

TeenLife-2005:
Good luck - I had the hardest time getting him to move away from that bone!

Leesa:
All my posts are out there!! Random, pointless, crap. LOL I have a Sony Cybershot and it is very easy to use.

Storm:
**Trek blushes & thanks you for the compliment** Yes, I was driving. It was baaaaaad!! I had to pull over a couple of times. I had no choice - I had to get to where I was going :0/

DIVA:
Sorry for ruining your snack. You are going to KILL me!! I'll e-mail you.

Marz:
We were so relieved to get the invite. We had lots of invites from friends but would have felt out of place b/c Thanksgiving is family time. And Trek was the happiest of us all!

 

Blogger Bougie Black Boy said ... (11:11 PM) : 

Love the pics! ! ! i miss the outdoors! ! !

and happy belated birthday

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:12 AM) : 

Your Thanksgiving Pizza made me do Yum Yum a hundred times....

So, what was the best gift you received on your birthday??

 

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said ... (11:14 AM) : 

you are soo adorable... i always love your pictures..

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Stephen:
What are you waiting for? Get outside and play!!! Thanks for the b-day wishes :)

Hasan:
My new cell phone!! It has a camera. Ooo la-la.

Unconquerable Soul:
Awww, thanks!

 

post a comment