Friday, November 04, 2005

"Dog Week"

I meant to end last week's "Dog Week" with this post, but totally forgot. So here it is a week late. You're welcome.

Top 10 Pet Peeves Dogs Have About Humans
  1. Blaming your farts on me ... not funny ... not funny!!
  2. Yelling at me for barking ... It's how I TALK. I'M A DOG YOU IDIOT!!
  3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly who's walk is this anyway?
  4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose ... stop it.
  5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.
  6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain, you nitwit.
  7. Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back.
  8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.
  9. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth.... you're just jealous.
  10. Dog sweaters. Have you noticed the fur?

And...

If A Dog Were Your Teacher, you would learn stuff like...

  • When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
  • Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
  • Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
  • When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
  • Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
  • Take naps and stretch before rising.
  • Run, romp, and play daily.
  • Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
  • Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
  • On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
  • When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
  • Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
  • Eat with gusto and enthusiasm and stop when you have had enough.
  • Be loyal.
  • Never pretend to be something you're not.
  • If what you want is buried, dig until you find it.
  • And MOST of all...When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

Have a great weekend!!!

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: ""Dog Week""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

That's a good one: It's a nice perspective a dog...after all animals have feelings as well so we should understand them as well.

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (2:29 PM) : 

Did you make up make up all of this yourself? It's really funny! And true, very true...

 

Blogger Leesa said ... (3:20 PM) : 

Brea: I am still laughing at the pet peeves. They are so funny!

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (4:21 PM) : 

One of your best Dog posts...

Pet Peeves was really funny while the idea of Dog teachings was quite thought-provoking...

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (4:22 PM) : 

Pretty funny

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (7:00 PM) : 

LOLS!

Love that post Brea! Especially the part about putting bows and ribbons on dogs.

And the second part is really nice :) I gotta send your page to some friends of mine I'm sure they'll love it.

Thanks a lot Brea, twas a nice read!

take care BBB, beautiful bunny bree :)

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:58 AM) : 

Hey Brea:
Those are so great you might be able to sale to a dog magazine. They are so true....pet peeves especially....

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Brea,

You've turned my attention to rock-climbing and now dogs. You've got me thinking of dogs now.

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (8:56 PM) : 

I love it! I love it! I love it!...

Happy Dog week...did I say that?

I used to blame my poots on my ex-boyfriends dog...lol:)

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (11:13 PM) : 

HAHAHA! Oh, I'm still rolling over #1 because I've done it so many times! (But with my cats, so it's a leeetle different!)

#7 reminds me of a comic strip poster we had up at the vet's office where I used to work. It had a dog in a car gloating to his dog-pal, "Hey Frank, I'm going to get TUTORED!"

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Very well informed and funny post.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I didn't come up these myself, I received them in an e-mail. Glad you all enjoyed it! :)

 

post a comment