Friday, November 18, 2005

Insert Title Here

Last night Stephanie and I hit the town. It was quite an adventure - as always. The night started at the Engineers Club. I wish I could have photographed some of the expressions on our face. Here we are, artistic and sporty, at a Mansion full of stuffy business men and women. It was like putting two parrots in a room full of crows - we just didn't belong. But hey, the event was given by the Baltimore Foodies, and we came for the free food. And free food we got - about three plates each! After a failed attempt to find anyone who looked interesting enough to talk to, we headed out. But not before some hilarious moments (not really blog worthy, more had to be there) and this photo:

Cheese! Originally uploaded by CrazyB.

The next stop was a party given by The Urban Adventure Company. A time to be with "our people" as Stephanie put it. LMAO. Not five minutes after walking in the door, Stephanie won a backpack full of goodies. Lucky bitch ;) I tell ya, I never win anything! Unless of course you count that itunes gift certificate I don't know how to use. Moving on... After scoping out the latest gear for the season, drinking a couple of glasses of wine, listening to some good music, and eating more free food - we left.

I would love to say the night ended there. But nooooooooooo, I just can't seem to get enough of the cops this week. After talking over tea, I left Stephanie's house. I had parked in the alley right outside her door. We've seen people do it before and didn't think it would be a problem. Well, with my glorious luck, it WAS a problem. Baltimore City's finest wrote me a $77 parking ticket. Damn. To make matters worse, he pulled me over a few blocks later because he'd given me the wrong copy of the ticket. Dumb ass. However, the dumb ass cop was nice. He felt bad about giving me the ticket... blah, blah... He had already started writing the ticket, there was nothing he could do... blah, blah, blah... An ambulance wouldn't be able to get through if need be... blah, blah, blah, blah. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. Whatever, I don't need your pity, when I can't afford to buy that last textbook next semester - I know who to blame. Jerk.

Well, this morning I awoke to this lovely delivery:


Who did it? Originally uploaded by CrazyB.

The flowers are beautiful, but who sent them? I know I should be all girly and romantic, but that is just not me. Who sent them and why? I'm irritated. Just so you know, this is not the way to my heart. This is a way to irritate the hell out of me, and no, that is NOT good.

Well, I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Today on 100 Things: Touch. Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Insert Title Here"

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Good for you hittin the town ma! You look good girlie:)

Those flowers are beautiful...now think long and hard and I bet you will figure out who sent them...:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

It's nice to get flowers...I can tell you it wasn't me after all.
Cops can suck sometimes but we also need them after all.

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (2:50 PM) : 

A $77 parking ticket?? Dang! Glad you hit the town, though. Lovely photos - both of them.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (7:21 PM) : 

C'mon now. Who doesn't like flowers? Or it is the curiosity that irritates you?

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (10:42 PM) : 

That is a very nice picture...you two look beautiful.

Free food always motivates me to go somewhere...

You know what? I would have been irritated by those flowers too. I'm not big on surprise or mystery unless it's a book or movie!

Hope you're having a great weekend

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (11:21 PM) : 

You rocked the town!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:31 AM) : 

Girl You're looking hot in that pic. You certainly must have made some heads turn!

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (10:18 PM) : 

Welp, since you don't know who sent them, let me clue you in. I sent them. : )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Glad that you had fun in town!

I know what you mean about the annoyance of anonymity. However, doesn't it make you feel giddy because there is someone out there who went out of the way to show you how they felt? =)

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (8:25 PM) : 

Those flowers are beautiful! It does creep me out, though, when people send me stuff like that and don't announce themselves.

Sorry 'bout yet another ticket. :(

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Those flowers are so beautiful. You are so spirited...somebody likes you girl....

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Why is it that I see flowers in both photos you posted????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

hmmm.... i'm not a big fan of flowers actually... but i don't mind if someone send/give me flowers... :D it's just that i dunno what to do with the flowers, esp. if they're in a huge arrangement. 'cuz i always feel guilty to throw 'em to the trash can.

why do i think the cop sent u the flowers? :D but ticket always sux.. wanna hit on a girl by giving a ticket is definitely a wrongggggg move... :D

 

Blogger Miz JJ said ... (3:12 PM) : 

It was a nice thought about the flowers, but not signing the card is annoying. At least you have something pretty to look at for a few days.

 

Blogger Kaz said ... (8:58 AM) : 

The flowers are gorgeous, just enjoy them and don't give the sender a second thought!

 

post a comment