Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I am sooooooooooooooo tired!

I know, I know, I'm a little late with the weekend update. Maybe it's because there isn't much to tell. Cold weather, tuition, and end of semester schoolwork has really made my weekends pretty lame. That and I'm getting old. Let's see...I worked, had a few beers, got pulled over, and celebrated my Dad's birthday. Fun times.

I worked ALL WEEKEND because my tuition is still refusing to pay itself and I "made too much money" last year to qualify for financial aid. I feel the need to say this over and over again in case you forgot how fucked up higher education in America is. Moving on....

I was pulled over for speeding on the back roads. Unbelievable! I take those back roads nearly everyday and not once have I ever seen a cop. But let my exhausted ass drive home after a few drinks and all hell breaks loose. (Now, before you lecture me on drinking and driving let me inform you I had two beers and was at the bar for several hours. I was in no shape or form drunk. I like to party, but I don't feel the need to kill people on the way home. Back to the story...) So I get the standard license and registration. He smells alcohol on my breath and asks me how much I've had to drink. I'm honest and tell him about 22oz. of beer. He doesn't sound convinced and asks me to get out of the car. I'm yelling all kinds of profanity in my head but on the outside I'm cheerful and cooperative. I turn off the engine and walk to the back of the car. He makes me walk the line - I pass. He has me follow a pen with my eyes - I think this test was inconclusive. You tell me how I was supposed to follow his pen point when I have his headlights, spotlight, AND got damn Maglite shining in my face - I couldn't see much of anything! So he gives me the breathalizer test. WTF?! Couldn't we have saved me the roadside embarrassment and just done this to begin with?!! Asshole. After taking the test he asks me to get back in the car. He comes back with a warning for speeding. I HAD plans to hit another bar with friends but Mr. Asshole Officer took care of that urge. So I put on my favorite flannel pajamas with my leopard print slippers and went and hung out a friend's house. Happy Saturday!!

Sunday was my dad's 53rd birthday. He didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. So we rented movies and ate cake and ice cream. I then bribed him to take Trek on his late night walk while I drove my brother and his roommate back to college. I'm such a good daughter ;)

That's all folks. So click here and head on over to 100 Things to take my underwear challenge! You know you want to.

Smiley for the Day: :) (sorry the site is down)

Heads Turned for: "I am sooooooooooooooo tired!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Not only in the states it is hard to study without money. It's the same shit here with the financial aid.

 

Blogger Waddie G. said ... (4:18 PM) : 

a rough weekend, eh? I understand the tuition issues...I had to press harder to get financial aid, especially establishing relationships with the folks in that department.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (9:00 PM) : 

I hear ya about that end of semester work making weekends lame. LOL! Finals are just around the corner...I can smell graduation!

Happy be-lated birthday to your dad!

 

Blogger Rose said ... (9:43 PM) : 

You still had a very active weekend. Happy Birthday to your dad. Belated that is....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:10 AM) : 

You're lucky you only got a warning for speeding, I got a hell of a ticket and i wasn't even intentionally speeding. You acn read the story here

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Is it that hard to study in the US?? That means I should not plan to go there!

btw, your encounter with the policeman was quite interesting. I can think how freaked up you would have been...

and, Happy Belated B'day to the Big Daddy! So, what's his age now??

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Happy birthday to your dad

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:12 AM) : 

oh god... how lucky you're... truly lucky... i'm still trying to take care of my speeding ticket that i didn't mean to 'cuz nature took its own biz on me... :D

happy belated to your dad...

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Brea, you sound like tons of fun. If I'm ever touring in your area, I will be trying to get you to show me the hot spots. ;)

And I'm totally feeling you on the "makes too much to qualify." That is such BS.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (12:08 PM) : 

Getting pulled over sucks. But I think everyone would agree with that. Sounds like you had a lot going on though. Having things to do is always a good thing. And Happy Birthday to Pops.

Peace and Love

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Kat:
Money makes the world go 'round...

ProfessorGQ:
I'd rather work my ass off than brown nose with those jerks.

Brownsoul:
You are so lucky to be graduating - I still have another semester. G'luck on your work!

Rose:
True - thanks.

DIVA:
You're back! I've missed you. God only knows where the underwear post idea came from. He's responsible for my quirkiness! I only seem to cry when I am seething mad. Guess I'll just continue working and working... I'm keeping up my end too. I'm heading over to read about the new drama.

Stunner:
Yikes! I was lucky!!

Hasan Mubarak:
Money for school is hard to come by. I was on scholarship my first two years - four year scholarships are hard to come by. After that, financial aid (money you have to pay back) is based on your income. I worked a full-time job the last two years and can no longer qualify. I think it is stupid b/c I have to pay it back anyway so who cares?! Grrr. I was too tired to get too upset about being pulled over - I was more irritated. My Dad is 53.

Fahd Mirza:
Thanks!

'Ka:
LMAO - from your description, that story is blog material. Do tell!!

Goddess:
When you start touring you BETTER come through to see me. I'm right near Baltimore and D.C., so there is no excuse. And yes financial aid is BULL SHIT!!!!

Storm:
I'm a scorpio too!!! My birthday is next week.

Nosthegametoo:
Thanks!

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (6:48 PM) : 

At least you got a warning. I am the queen of tickets. Really. I am a familiar face at my county's court. I just received my first warning ever last week. I wanted to cry. I did show the policeofficer of appreciation after she handed me the warning ticket..lol. Go scopios!!! But ya'll know that Sagitarius's run this!..lol

 

Blogger crallspace said ... (7:29 PM) : 

I hate the pigs that like to make a spectacle of us citizens.

It can be scary when thoughts of DUIs come about.

Is your dad just feeling old and crabby?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 AM) : 

Sorry to hear about your brush with the cops. It's a good thing that he gave you a warning and not a DIU charge. Still, cops are assholes. =/ Argh.

Your dad is 53? Wow, he's just a year older than my dad, but yours and my age difference is like, what? 3 years? =) Hehe, then again, my dad was already 30 when I was born.

It's good to have small gatherings for a birthday, sometimes. It's more personal and less hassle. I hope that your dad enjoyed the birthday nonetheless. Belated birthday greetings to him!

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Financial aid IS a pain in the ass. I look forward to not dealing with them anymore.

So you're graduating next spring?

Man, that sucks. I've never had to go through all that rigamorole of being pulled over and having to do the flashlight/walk the line crap. At least you didn't get a ticket-ticket!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Georgia Peach:
True - lawd knows I don't need a ticket!

Crallspace:
I respect what they do - but I KNEW I was within the legal limit. I felt like I should have been offered the breathalyzer first so that I could just go home instead of entertain him and his buddy on the side of the road. Grrr. My Dad isn't crabby but he is definitely starting to feel his age. He prefers quiet nights at home these days.

Tre:
Yup. Thanks. And you're welcome :)

Marz:
Cops can be such jerks! Blech. Thanks for the well wishes. My Mom is four years older than my Dad!

Double-Oh-No:
Yes ma'am - heaven forbid they make it easy to get an education! Yes, if all goes well, I will be graduation this spring. It's embarassing even on a desserted road. I can't imagine what it would be like somewhere busy. I was so pissed off but you are right at least they only gave me a warning.

 

post a comment