Saturday, November 12, 2005

Inquiring Minds

Yes, Yoni and I had "the talk" last Sunday. But as Georgia Peach already figured out, we saw each other a week before - Halloween night. I know what happened and I know what was said. That is all I have to say to those who have been asking how things went. I've never been one to divulge details of my personal relationships - just the thoughts and feelings that result from them. And since my thoughts/feelings have shut down, I'll let Ani sing for me:


providence
who knew
at this party that
i would walk in and i'd see you
i guess now
we could just get drunk
yeah, and that could be our excuse
you could slip
and outta nowhere
i could be there to catch your fall
and we could laugh
at ourselves
and the writing that's on the wall

it's a narrow margin
just room enough for regret
in the inch and a half between
hey, how ya been?
and
can i kiss you yet?
so we talk like
nervous neighbors over a tall fence
true love
but for the lack of providence

but i just got one more
thing to tell you
cuz words are vitamins
and life is short
and i know when we get up
to the front office
we're gonna have to fill out
a full report
the first question will be
what were you thinking?
and the next question will be
what did you say?
and then they're gonna check to see
if the answers to one and two
matched up much
along the way

in the interest of poetry
and the cowboy movie
that's you and me
i'm back on the horse now
and i am riding
i am striding so effortlessly
what i mean is
it's late
much too late for us
and i'm fixing to go home
with just my conscience
and a bitter sense of irony
as my chaperone

-Ani DiFranco

Thanks for your concern, I'm on the road to healing - just a couple of bumps and potholes along the way...

Heads Turned for: "Inquiring Minds"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 PM) : 

Whatever happened between you and Yoni.. I'm sure things have happened for a reason. You may not know it from the start, but it'll eventually be unravelled to you. I hope writing it out and having music to keep you company has alleviated the pain somewhat.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (1:25 PM) : 

I hate uncomfortable situations. Good luck figuring it out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

Somehow you sometimes can be lucky for not being in a relationship anymore.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Do what you do...heal how you heal. As long as Brea is ok...the rest we don't need to know. Lovin' Ani.

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (8:34 PM) : 

Hang in there ma...can't you see the end of the road is almost there:)

That Ani is speakin on it ain't she:)

 

Blogger Edz said ... (11:30 PM) : 

You can still breathe, smile and walk your dog. That is what is really important. Enjoy life despite everything (it can be too short).

 

Blogger Rose said ... (12:52 AM) : 

Hang in there.....and be okay with yourself.....

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (12:55 AM) : 

"i'm back on the horse now
and i am riding
i am striding so effortlessly"

that's all we need to know.

we love you girl!
that's all i have to say.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Such is life. You have to just pick up the pieces and keep rolling. Be strong.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Marz & Nosthegametoo:
Thanks

Kat:
Being single does have a few positives.

Brownsoul & Dee-Dee:
Awwww, thanks. Yes, Ani says so many things better than I ever could.

Edz:
Good point.

Rose:
Getting there, thanks.

Asian Smiles:
Awwwww, thanks!

Stunner:
Yup - life goes on.

Meg:
Thanks for the suggestion hun.

 

Blogger Waddie G. said ... (7:16 PM) : 

I know you love some Ani...you really know how and when to quote her with your posts...how you doing, homegirl?

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (12:23 AM) : 

Life is like that!

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:23 AM) : 

I hope, you did what you thought 'was' right to do. As far as people are concerned; don't care for those who don't care for you...

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Wishing you the best on that road. Actually, wishing *us* the best as I am on it, too. :)

Those lyrics were very nice. Ani is such an inspiration to me.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (1:21 PM) : 

ProfessorGQ:
Yes, I do love Ani. I'm hanging in there - thanks for asking.

Shirazi:
Yup.

Hasan Mubarak:
I think I have - thanks.

Goddess:
It's nice to know I'm not alone on that road. I wish you the best in your travels. Ani is amazing.

Storm:
Awesome - thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

i know i'm way too late to say this... but as others say... this shall pass, too... and what doesn't kill you will make you stronger....

so you'll be find, girl... :)

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:18 AM) : 

'Ka:
Better late than never ;) Thanks!

 

post a comment