Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Friday!

I've been MIA from the blogging world for a while. Nothing exciting to report. After school was over, I worked 7 days straight. In between all that work I managed to have some fun. The highlights were hanging out with friends and attending our company holiday party. You think I'm a party girl?! Ha! My co-workers could drink me under the table. They ran the poor bartenders into the ground! I seriously thought one of them was going to have a heart attack. He was sweating profusely, running back and forth and mumbling nonsense - poor guy. Remarkably, I didn't manage to take a single picture. Ah, well.
Let's see, Monday night I could have been on an episode of Emergency Vets. Trek ingested an entire bottle of doggy painkillers b/c a certain BITCH left them on my desk chair instead of out of his reach. I was half asleep when I heard the sound of crunching plastic. The child safety seal was destroyed and all five chicken-flavored tablets were gone. I was pissed. I have never gotten so close to slapping the shit out of someone in my life! Seriously. Everyone who knows my dog - knows he's EXTREMELY food motivated. Why the fuck someone would be inconsiderate enough to leave a chicken-smelling bottle of pills on my desk chair is beyond me. Fortunately, Trek is a big enough dog that the pills he ate were just in range of the maximum therapeutic dose (psychopharmacology wasn't useless after all). The only side effect at that dose is gastrointestinal upset, something an over the counter medicine would take care of. Before hanging up the phone, the vet said, "That dog is trouble!" I responded, "Nah, he's not any trouble. He's just an innocent bystander of my enormous storm cloud." She laughed. I cried. (not really, just sounds more dramatic) So at 1am I was driving around every convenience store and gas station looking for PepcidAC. Good times.
Yesterday was my only day off. Finally, a day to relax and get some things done around the house. Riiiiight. Of course it wasn't at all the productive day I had planned. My baby Mazda had to go in the shop after 107,000 miles of faithful service: the water pump went up. I'd just like to take a moment to thank the Mazda engineers for recessing this part (unlike in most cars) costing me serious labor. Oh happy day! After getting an estimate in good ol' Bel Air, I was told I would have to wait until after New Years to fix a problem that could leave me stranded any day now. Did I ever mention how much I hate Bel Air? So, I called my ex's friend in Columbia (where the mechanics graduate from H.S.) and he'll have it done by tomorrow. Bonus: he is going to replace other parts such as the timing belt, PVC valve, and other things I don't remember the names of - I just have to pay for the parts. All that and $100 cheaper even with replacing all the extra parts. Suck on that Bel Air!
Well, while waiting for my dad to pick me up from the auto repair shop, I decided to walk over to Target. I love Target. But this time of year, the store is invaded by cart driving maniacs. Seriously, women will just plow you over trying to get a new power tool for their husband. Oh, and do not even dare try to look at the holiday decorations. People are crazy. And what ever happened to excuse me or pardon me? Geeeeeeez.
Alright, I feel like I should get out of my pajamas and do something productive now. I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend! I will be stuffing my face on Christmas day. However, with Thanksgiving still fresh in my mind, I'll try not to overdo it. No promises though - my Momma is cooking!
Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "Happy Friday!"

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Enjoy ur weekend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 AM) : 

Your poor little dog - but I guess he is doing better by now.
And aren't cars after all (especially the cost for having it repaire) ;-)

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Oh how frustrating! At least Trek is okay, but still...

Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:27 PM) : 

Good to hear from you again! It's soon servicing time for my ride too...poor me. Enjoy yourself and the best to the new year.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:24 AM) : 

Who said good looks never get you anywhere? All you have to pay for is parts? Lucky you!

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (9:47 AM) : 

It must have been hard for Trek!

Anyways, Wish you a very Merry and Happy Christmas!!

Keep Well!

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (1:26 AM) : 

Merry christmas to you too!

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (2:37 AM) : 

I wish very nice holidays to you.

 

Blogger Unconquerable Soul said ... (2:00 PM) : 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Pepcid huh?...Well I have noticed you were gone as was I...how was your holiday?

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Hope you had a great holiday and hug the dog. Sorry to hear he got into the pills. I would have freaked--I know me!

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I hope u had a wonderful Christmas.. and I'm glad Trek is ok. U shoulda slapped her.LOL
I just finished eating yesterday, tonite I'm going on a serious walk... to walk off the pounds

 

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Brea, I hope that your holiday is a happy one and Happy New Year!

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Hey girlie!

That was a close call. I'm glad Trek is okay! Hope your holiday was great. Happy New Years!!!

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Just checking in on you! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and I hope 2006 is full of joy for ya!

 

Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said ... (8:10 AM) : 

glad your dog is okay....why did someone leave chicken smelling pills around?...happy new year...

 

Blogger Bougie Black Boy said ... (11:36 AM) : 

u've been MIA for a while. come back

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Happy New Year, girl! Don't forget to come back. :-)

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:55 AM) : 

Glad Trek is fine. Brea Have a HAppy New Years'/

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (3:37 AM) : 

Where are you Brea??

Have a very Happy New Year!

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (2:13 AM) : 

I love Target too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Shoot! That's one hell of a scare for Trek! I'm glad that he's all right, though, and that he was still somewhat perceptive enough for himself before things got worse.

Well, you're MIA again, so I assume that you're partying hard right now. I hope that your Christmas and New Years were great and that 2006 brings out good things in all aspects of your life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

hope you had a wonderful christmas and new year!!! im sad you have been missing since I just found you.

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (9:23 PM) : 

Where ya been Brea?? How was your New Year? I will be blogging soon... Hope all is well...

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (5:41 PM) : 

HAPPY NEW YEAR BREA! See I aint the only one out there on a break... pop in and see us sometime
lol!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (9:05 PM) : 

Brooklyn Babe:
You too!

Stunner:
You too!

Friar Tuck:
More like connections can get you anywhere.

Mz. Dee~Dee:
Good and sad too. Still a lot of painful memories...

I Hate the King:
Kinda a hard to boycott a blog I don't read in the first place...

Sarccasik:
He is better - thanks. because they are inconsiderate! Happy New Year to you too!

DIVA:
I should be at that party!!!

EVERYONE:
Yup, Trek is all better. It has been a necessary break...I'll be back. Thanks for missing me. :)In the meantime Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

 

post a comment