Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Always Evolving

"the one person who really knows me best
says i'm like a cat
the kind of cat that you just can't pick up
and throw into your lap
no, the kind that doesn't mind being held
only when it's her idea
yeah, the kind that feels what she decides to feel
when she's good and ready to feel it"

-Ani DiFranco, Virtue

Writing poetry in times of distress is nothing new for me. Posting it on the internet, however, is. Writing gives me a great sense of release. The only other time I have ever used this medium for my poetry was this post. I'm surprised to see how many people relate to my writing. This goes for my everyday ramblings but especially for my pain in its most raw form. Monday's post somehow spoke to something inside of several readers. I'm still amazed. All in all, the post elicited feelings of understanding of my pain and my need for expression. Thank you.

The art above was created by my friend Stephanie in honor of my birthday. I felt what I needed to feel. I expressed how I needed to express. I'm not looking back. I'm moving forward. She's right, we are always evolving...

Heads Turned for: "Always Evolving"

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (7:00 PM) : 

Isn't it amazing to be able to put something so personal out there and get responses from people who have never met you before in your life but yet understand a really intimate part of yourself.

That was really nice of your friend! A really cool gift!

 

Blogger S A J Shirazi said ... (10:44 PM) : 

I agree with Anhoni Patel. And I like the jesture too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Yeah, looking forward is always what we need to do although it is really hard sometimes.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:36 AM) : 

I agree that was really a nice gift, your friend gave you.

 

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said ... (11:04 AM) : 

That reminds me of a quote by Frantz Fanon, "In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself."
Stay up, Brea. :)

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (10:19 PM) : 

I'm always timid to post my poetry, I'm learning though that sometimes its just a release for me but means more to the reader...a weird feeling...

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (12:10 AM) : 

Evolution is what we can avoid. Its upto us to evolve upwards or downwards.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (2:18 AM) : 

Nice...I love poetry Brea. It is a great way to express yourself.

 

Blogger crallspace said ... (2:42 AM) : 

I really like the ALWAYS EVOLVING thing.

The colors and shapes are pretty explanatory of the thought of evolving. It hit me right away.

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Every day we have the freedom to reinvent ourselves. It's an enormous wonderful power. Your friend's gift is a lovely reminder of our never-ending growth.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

That is the wonderful thing about honesty; there is always a sense of release when you abide by it. You put it in a vague way but at least you got to let it out. =) And we are witness to that.

That art piece is nice; you have really sweet friends! =)

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Beautiful!

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (5:23 PM) : 

I know all about that release you speak of mama.....
thanks for sharing!

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Very nice painting. I too enjoy poetry as a way of expressing myself. I didn't discover that until this year though.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (11:17 PM) : 

Yes we are.

I hope you're pressing on through, Brea. Blessings to you.

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Beautiful picture, beautiful post.

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (3:38 PM) : 

To evolve is to grow which is always good. :-)

And another thing (Michelle singing off-key) Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Brea...happy birthday to you!!!!!!

Be blessed, dear.

 

Blogger kathi said ... (8:08 AM) : 

What a great pic! Is it a painting, oil, digital? What? I love it.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Anhoni:
Yes, it is amazing. The world somehow just got smaller...

Shirazi & Stunner:
Yes, very cool gift.

Kat:
You are right!

Stephen:
Thanks hun.

Princess Dominique:
You? Timid? Some forms of expression are better left private. If posting it makes you worry and lose your sense of release, than forget it.

Fahd:
Interesting viewpoint.

Teen Life:
Thanks hun - how about an e-card instead?

Rose:
I love it when expression is all I have.

Crallspace:
Yeah, awesome, isn't it?

Theresa:
Yup :)

Marz:
The release has been amazing and much needed.

Georgia Peach:
Thanks.

Brooklyn Babe:
No problem :)

Brotha Buck:
Yeah, I've only been writing for a few years. It always seems to be when I'm in pain. I wish I could write happy poetry.

Brownsoul:
Sure am - thanks.

Goddess:
Thanks.

Michelle:
Thanks for the b-day wish!

Kathi:
It is a collage.

 

post a comment