Monday, December 05, 2005

This is me.

I am one emotionally-drained little blogger. Yesterday my spirit took a beatdown from every which direction. I took the dog for a hike to try to clear my head. At least HE had fun - it was too cold for the release I was looking for. After I thawed out and napped, I headed to a friend's house for fun. It was fun. Then the phone rang. Stab. Then it rang again. Stab. And once more. Stab. In the end, I just wanted to go home - to my room - to my one safe place. I couldn't go home and my frustration brought me to tears. I just layed on the floor and cried. I need to just cry long and hard for a few days and then, once again, pick up the pieces. Get back to fighting. Get back to smiling. Please keep inquiring minds at bay. If I knew what and why, this post wouldn't be the way it is. This is raw emotion here folks. I'm not clarifying anything. Thanks for your understanding.



Posted by Picasa


This is me.
Brea.
I am, who I am.
Nothing more, just less.
And less.
And less.
You want to be the pretty girl?
Walk in my shoes.
Be the object of lust.
Let every touch hurt.
Let every word lie.
Cry.
Every touch hurts.
Every word lies.
So many accidents.
So many wounds.
Sobbing.
Let them take whatever they want.
Feel stupid.
Feel angry.
Feel used.
Say nothing!
You want to be the pretty girl?
Cry alone.
Cry in his arms.
It doesn't matter,
you are still alone.
Confusion.
Poor pretty girl.
Know what it is like,
to wish his weight would crush your chest,
to know he would not notice that you have ceased to breathe.
Oh to end the aching in your chest!
The question is in their eyes or on their lips,
"Do you think you are better than me?"
Don't answer.
They never listen.
You give.
They take.
And take.
And take.
What's the matter pretty girl?
You know you like it.
You know it feels good.

You dirty girl.
Let the same person hurt you.
Over and over.
Let them make you feel unimportant.
Let your feelings be discounted or ignored.
You are only a face, a body, a vagina.
You are just a pretty girl.
To be used.
Settle for last place.
Listen to the same excuses.
Get used to these words,
"I'm sorry for hurting you."
You'll hear them, over and over.
Empty words.
The ripping and tearing is louder than your heartbeat.
What you think and feel is not important.
Learn to suppress it pretty girl.
Keep smiling.

There is no one to hold you when your body shakes with such uncontrollable violence that the thoughts within your head begin to fall out of your mouth - no one to collect those words and return them to their hiding place before someone else sees them - for there are thoughts and emotions in those words: heartache and pain - what if the world hears those words and therefore realizes that this smile is only a mask for a sadness that even these words spilled in agony can not express?

My smile has hidden so much pain,
I dare not frown.

Today on 100 Things: An Easy One

Heads Turned for: "This is me."

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (1:40 PM) : 

=(.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I know those feelings once a while as well...and then I also get up again until the next time. Who knows why?

 

Blogger Waddie G. said ... (3:27 PM) : 

poem is deep...

I think that the horse can make it across...what you think? LOL

 

Blogger Edz said ... (4:17 PM) : 

Hey Brea, I want to tell you that you are not alone. Also, don`t think that your pain is going to last. It will not... Your poem is so sad, I almost cried. You shouldn`t make yourself that sad. Come on, smile, be happy!!! No one is worth your tears.

 

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said ... (4:30 PM) : 

This is a very heart felt piece. I'm hoping that it proved cathartic for your state of sadness. By the way, it definitely didn't take away from such a lovely smile. You make me want to make an appointment for the dentist. :)

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (5:26 PM) : 

smiling at EDZ.

I think this was the most personal post from my readings. This is Brea! Whoa girl. Thanks so much for sharing that part of you. And you wonder why I have you listed as Dr. Brea.

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (11:28 PM) : 

You are quite the poet -- pretty girl.

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Now I beleive upon the stereotype that poetry originates from the pain, misery and dejection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM) : 

When I read something as raw as this, I remember how human you are, and how we all are.

Hope a load was lifted off you when this happened.

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Because I know that same loneliness, I want to put my arms around you and soak up some of the pain.

You've written something very beautiful and universal.

 

Blogger Miz JJ said ... (11:16 AM) : 

At least your aren't keeping it all in. And I could really relate to what you were saying.

 

Blogger She Shall said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Oh, girl... I have been there. Probably STILL am, just too darn busy to put it into words. and Now, I dont have to because YOU did! The poem was classic.
Stay strong, T.

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Wow. After all of that, I don't want you to frown either "pretty girl" (yes you are!) I want to find release, and let all of that go, hopefully you did just that (and will continue) writing/expression.

Here's to healing! And Poems!
Peace
Bk Babe

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Wow. You really bared your soul on this one. There are so many people who can relate. Hold on to this piece, Brea. Your writing is awesome!

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (8:13 PM) : 

Aight mama, take the time you need. Cry until you don't even remember why you're crying...then pull yourself up and address the issues.

 

Blogger Rose said ... (11:14 PM) : 

Brea:
Crying soothe the soul....let it out and as Brownsoul said deal with the issues later.

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (12:43 AM) : 

Do let it out. You have to hit bottom before you can climb back to the top sometimes. I'm with ya on having "one of those days." Differing reasons, I'm sure, but man it sucks. On a positive note, I hope you will be smiling again soon. You are beautiful and the writing reflects that beauty from your soul as well. The poem is pretty painful; tends to give me a feeling of sadness for all womankind, though the feelings are quite personal, I'm sure. Just let it out...

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (2:00 AM) : 

We can understand. I just wish everything just becomes the best for you!

btw, your words were very fantastic...

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I've had similar feelings more times than I care to count. Which perhaps doesn't comfort you except to know you're not alone.

*hugs*

 

Blogger Didi Roby said ... (10:01 AM) : 

My goodness that was wonderful...I know those feelings oh so well...:)

"Crying is like taking your soul to the Laundry Mat..." Lyfe

I love this post ma!

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Hey pretty --
What a heartbreaking poem. I feel your tears and pain. Allow yourself to first feel and then deal. Although things look bleak now -- it will get better -- joy will come in the morning.

Blessings and big hugs to you, sweetie.

 

post a comment